Chapter 7-Recovering

NORA RODRIGUEZ

I feel my eyelids slowly get heavy to open. But I force them open anyways. I slowly look around, and I realize that I'm in a hospital. A serum was put in my left arm which now felt numb. I then realize the person who was holding my right hand. Miles? I also see Eva and Jake sitting on the other side, talking.

"Miles?" I finally blurt out, as his deep brown eyes suddenly look into mine. His eyes were swollen and red, proving he was crying not so long ago. He holds my hand tighter as he places a soft kiss on it.

Holy shit that felt good.

"Nora for goodness' sake you fucking scared us," Eva says as she places a kiss on my forehead. I feel Jake's comforting smile, as I smile. I look back at Miles, whose hand was still holding mine. His eyes once again look into mine, as I grin. "Hi," I say, as he softly smiles. "Hi" he mutters as his face gets closer to mine. I can already feel the heat rising to my cheeks, as the door suddenly opens.

Why right now,Why.

"NORA" my mom yells as she runs towards me hugging me, which makes Miles pull back. "Hola mama" I mutter as I hug her back tightly. She then cups my face, tilting my chin upwards looking for any scratches. "Are you okay mi Vida" she asks in a worried tone, as I smile and nod, making her exhale the air she was holding in. "mama, these are my friends, Eva, Jake, and Miles" I say as she looks at them with a warm look in her eyes.

Her eyes stop on Miles. "Your Mexican aren't you," she says as I giggle. "Yes, ma'am" he answers as she suddenly takes him in her arms, along with Eva and Jake. "Please, call me Maria," she says as they all smile. She places a kiss on my forehead before going out to speak with my doctor. I look at Eva, who looked traumatized, as well as Jake. "Umm, what happened?" I ask as Miles looks at me. The three of them exchange looks, and then Jake starts talking.

"Two psychopaths entered the school, since a student was late on money to them, so they decided to come to kill her, as well as scare the whole school," he says all in one breath as my eyes widen. "Who's the student," I ask as I suddenly hear Eva breaking into sobs. "Mia Maybank" is all he says as he lowers his head back down. I feel tears fill up my eyes, as Jake hugs Eva tightly, as she keeps on crying in his chest

Mia was one of my only 2 new friends. Although I just met her a day or two ago, she was one of the kindest and nicest people I had ever met. I close my eyes to try and calm myself down. A few minutes pass by and I hear Eva's crying stop, as I open my eyes and see her lying on Jake's chest.

SHIP

We hear a knock on the door, as my doctor comes in. "Nora, I hear your feeling much better than before" he says as my mom comes in after him. She sits down, blowing a kiss towards me. So, you will be able to get out tonight, but I'm afraid your attacks aren't getting any better" he says as I sigh. "I'm going to write you some new medication, but you're also going to have to go to a therapist, you need to talk with someone professional" he says as he finishes his sentence.

I hate therapists. You know why? Cause all they do is tell you to write down your feelings, listen to music and other bullshit. All they do is literally useless. At least that's what I think. I sigh, as I look at my watch, my eyes widen as I realize it was already 2:30 In the morning. My doctor leaves, only leaving the 5 of us in the room. "I don't know about you Nora, but I think I might need that therapy session if you don't want it" Eva suddenly blurts out half crying, half sobbing.

Her humor is literally darker than my dead father's grave. Oh. I see where she gets it now. Never mind. My mom gives me my medicine and a few other stuff she picked up from home, and leaves saying she has to pick up Lily from my grandparents' house. So now only the four of us are sitting in the room, in silence. Eva's the one who ruins it, saying we should probably head back. "We could do that, but my serum isn't finished so you can go ahead if you want" I tell her as she softly smiles. "I'll go with you" Jake blurts out. They both greet us, and leave the hospital

Now it's only us.

I see Miles slowly getting closer again, just like before mom came in. He looks into my eyes, as I look back into his. "Thankyou" I mutter, as his gorgeous smile once again takes place on his lips. He interwinds our fingers together, as he tilts his head, again keeping eye contact.

I swear to God Riddle, stop trying to turn me on.

"For what?" he asks as I grin. "For helping me with my Panick attack, holding me tightly, and being here for me" I say as I see the redness on his cheeks as I smirk. "You look cute when you blush" I blurt out as he bursts into laughter along with me. "Did you just call me cute?" he asks as our laughs slowly come to an end. "You should be proud, you're the first boy I've ever complimented in my life" I say as he chuckles.

"I'm honored" he says I smile. We then stop talking for a few minutes, just looking at each other in silence. I got to study his face from closer. His big brown eyes were slightly covered from his wavy blonde hair, as I could see both his dimples pop out when he smiles. How can a person be so perfect?

"Take a picture it'll last longer" he blurts out as I only smile. "Nah, I think I'm good" I say continuing studying his face. "Yeah?" he whispers as I grin. "Yeah".