Chapter 19-Unforgettable

NORA RODRIGUEZ

(10 years ago)

I was playing with my toys that mommy had bought me. She didn't have the money to buy me something too special, but she got me a really pretty dolly.

I named her Lily.

Lily had really pretty hair. And mommy sewed her a pretty dress too.

I love her.

While I was playing, I suddenly hear the front door close harshly. Oh no. He's back. I quickly take my dolly, and run to my bedroom upstairs, and lock the door.

I put my hands on my ears, so i don't hear anything. But it didn't work. I suddenly hear daddy screaming at mommy.

"You useless whore" he yells. I don't know what that means, but I don't think it's good. Mommy told me calling people names isn't good.

Then, I hear a loud bang, and my mommy screaming. I press my hands harder on my ears. I don't want daddy to hurt her.

I don't want him to hurt me either.

"Miguel, Stop please!" I hear my mommy scream. I hold Lily tightly to my chest. I don't want mommy hurt.

She has a baby in her tummy...

I have to do something. He's going to hurt mommy's baby. I quickly open the door, and run downstairs. I go to the kitchen, and grab a knife.

Then I run to the living room.

I freeze, when I see mommy on the floor, and bruises all over her face and arms. There was blood going down from her lips.

I want to cry, but he'll hear me.

"Get away from mommy!" I yell. He slowly turn around. "Nora, don't, get away from here." Mommy says with tears in her eyes. Daddy sees the knife in my hands, and laughs quietly.

"You think you can hurt me you little piece of shit?" He says coming closer to me. I slowly walk back, still pointing the gun at daddy. "Don't touch mommy again, or I'll kill you" i cry.

He gets closer, and closer, and closer. When he suddenly laughs loudly, I accidentally drop the knife on the floor.

Oh no.

He looks back down on the knife. "Coward, just like your mother. Can't believe your my child. Stupid fucking girl" he spits.

Then he raises a hand, and I close my eyes so I don't see him doing it.

Daddy is a bad person.

I suddenly scream when I feel a hard hand and a painful hit come across my cheek. I fall on the ground. "That's what you get when you don't be a good girl, hermosa" he mutters.

"Nora!" I hear my mommy yell, but I'm too tired to open my eyes. They feel heavy. I open them a few seconds later, as I see him approaching my mommy again.

No. I won't let him hurt her again.

I push myself to get up, and walk towards him from behind. I take the knife on the floor, and stab his left arm.

He quickly winces in pain as I get back. I stabbed him, but it wasn't very harmful. He turns around in anger. "You motherfucker" he says before he runs towards me and raises a hand again...
___________________

(Now)

"NO!" I suddenly wake up in my bed , breathing heavily. I look around, and my shoulders relax when I realize I was in my dorm. I rest my back on the bed while tears start rolling down my cheeks.