Chapter 21- Emotions

MILES HERNANDEZ

"I'm sorry sir, but we can't report one missing until it's been officially been 24 hours"

Lucas and Diego went mad after they found out that she was missing. We went straight to the police station, but they wouldn't help us since she hasn't been missing for 24 damn hours.

Like i would wait that much.

"Fuck" Diego mutters as he takes his hands between his head. Eva was crying, Lucas looked as if he was planning a murder and Diego was just cursing loudly.

I was starting to think of bad things. Never have I been this worried over someone. But i swear to fucking god if something's happened to her, I'm going to kill whoever did this.

"So what do we do now?" Eva asks as we all turn to her. "I don't know, but we shouldn't tell her mom yet." Lucas suggests quietly. Then my phone starts ringing. I open it quickly hoping it's her.

"Sir, we've covered the area". Nope. It's one of my bodyguards. I had told them to spread across the campus, in case she turns up, so they can make sure she's okay and let me know.

"Ok, tell me if anything happens"
"Yes sir"

I close the phone. Fuck. What if something actually bad had happened to her? I couldn't risk that. I don't want to go through the same pain.

I don't want to lose her like mom.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air" i say as I excuse myself and head towards the exit. This was getting to overwhelming. I push the doors harshly as I step outside. The cold air hits my face, making my eyes more glossier then they already were.

Why do I have to be so fucking emotional.

I wasn't just worried. I was angry. So fucking angry and frustrated. I look at my watch 16 hours. I haven't seen her in 16 godamn hours and I'm going mad." Miles" I look around when the voice calls my name.

Oh.

Jace. What the hell was he doing here? He really had the nerve to come after what he did to me? You've got to be fucking kidding me. He starts walking up to me.

Great. Now I have to engage in a conversation with the guy.

"What do you want?" I ask harshly. His eyes stay on the floor. Me and Jace had always been best friends. He was my back bone, my buddy, my brother. Never would I have thought that we would come to a stage that we don't talk.

All this was over a girl last week. A few days ago, he came up to me to confess something. He told me he was dating a girl for a while, and that now they were official. I was truly happy until he hit me with the answer.

He was dating her. Ashley. My fucking ex. At first I was too stunned to speak, but then I went mad. I couldn't believe he actually went and dated the girl who broke me into pieces. He knew how deep the scars she left in me were.

He knew she hurt me

I wasn't mad out of jealousy, or betrayal. None of that. I was mad, because he let himself fall into her trap this quick. Ashley was a very tempting and attractive girl. Not gonna lie. But on the inside?

Oh hell nah.

I immediately asked him to break up with her, but then he went mad on me. He told me that I can't decide what he does with his life, and that he'll dare her if h wanted.

Also said that it was my loss for breaking up with her. I just couldn't believe it. Why? Out of all women, why her?

I hadn't talked to him for the 5 past days, and I was planning to keep it that way until he stops.