Beth (30)

I awoke to the mess from last night cleaned up and Samson gone. Although he did leave me a note.

                          Princess,

 Sorry that I have to leave but I have to go into the shop. I would have much rather stayed in bed with you. Don’t worry about your bookshelves, We will get them replaced, so stay in bed today and stay out of trouble. Soke in a hot bath, watch some t.v and rest. I’ll swing by when my shift is over.

                                                     S.

I smile like the cat who ate the canary as I snuggle into the pillow that still holds Samson scent. The door to my room swings open and Tess looks at me shaking her head. “What?” I say, with one eyebrow raised. “ I am just trying to figure out how in the hell did you not only end up with one hot guy but two. I know you have tried to explain this whole thing to me but I still don’t understand how you seem to have forgiven Derrick and apparently Samson for all of the shit that they’ve put you through. One day I might understand but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.” Tess says as she pulls a chair over to sit next to the bed. When I give her a strange look she starts shaking her head, “ No, no I saw what the house looked like this morning, considering how long Samson was in here cleaning and the fact that you’re still naked; I will pass on sitting on the bed.” She scrunches up her face and we both bust out laughing. It was nice to laugh with her again. I seems like forever since we’ve even been in the same room for more than a few minutes.  “Beth, I do need to talk to you about something though.” My stomach starts to twist with knots. I sit up against the headboard and wrap my arms around Samson’s pillow. “ Hit me, I’m an open book.” I say with a smile. 

             “Last night Eric said something that concerned me. I was pretty embarrassed that I automatically assumed that you were pregnant and I was basically begging him to tell me what was going on because I feel like I am out of the loop. I mean the four of you seem to have some secrets,  I can walk into a room and the y’all will stop talking. If I ask what the conversation is about Eric tells me that it’s not important and that I’m not missing anything. I might have started throwing a bit of a tantrum; I’m not proud of it but after I was done throwing things at him, he told me that he would tell me what was going on.” Tess pauses and stands, to start pacing. My mind starts racing, “Um just a hypothetical question, but how safe is it for Tess to know about us?" I quickly ask through our link.  Tess is still pacing and it is starting to freak me out because I have no idea what to tell her if she says that Eric told her what we are. I don’t want to lie to my best friend but at the same time I do not want to put her in any kind of danger. “ Babe, she walked in as I was eating your pussy; I am pretty sure she already knows. She keeps using the phrase “ what ever weird shit those three have going on.”  Derrick is so stupid sometimes that I would love to strangle him.  “ Stop thinking with your small head and think with the one on your shoulders. So, please humor me Daddy and quickly give me an answer before she starts talking again.”  Tess stops pacing and looks at me, but she still isn’t talking. “ Well princess, I don’t think it is wise for her to know. It could put her in danger. A lot of our kind believes that humans would want us all dead. The only way she should find out is if it is a life or death situation.” Tess throws her hands up in the air. “ Beth, Eric said that all of y’all are werewolves and that your mom lied about something to do with your back. It wouldn’t surprise me if she did lie to you, she has lied to you about a lot of things. I’m starting to think that Eric has some mental issues and I’m not sure what to do. I mean come on; werewolves, that kind of shit doesn’t exist. I really really like him, maybe even love him but if he is crazy,” She leaves the rest of her sentence hang in the air.