.56

By the time Jimin started to wake up it was damn near midnight but no one was complaining since Jungkook's time would be cut short whenever Jimin awoke. It was worrying though since Jimin stayed asleep for so long without a heartbeat until eventually the boy started to wake up but was out of it at the same time, just like Namjoon's father. "Jimin?" Yoongi shook the boy who looked at Yoongi with a dull expression before Jimin could feel the shivers coming and suddenly it was like the bad was mixing with the good. The cure fighting against the virus as Jimin choked up every now and then. Feeling like he should throw up but not having the strength to do so.

While Yoongi dealt with Jimin, the others informed Jungkook that Jimin woke up which made Taehyung's heart drop. Conflicted about the situation since he too was worried Jimin wouldn't wake up but at the same time, Taehyung was hoping Jimin would stay asleep for just a few more hours. Which made Taehyung feel horrible but he didn't want to lose Jungkook. Not right now, not tomorrow, not ever! but... here Jungkook was, all for losing his life. Of course, it was for the good but- Taehyung just wished it was different. "Yeah, okay... uh." Jungkook gulped, feeling his emotions breaking through but before he could get emotional, he stood up.

Looking down at Siwoo, Jungkook found his lip starting to quiver before he leaned down and gave a long loving kiss to Siwoo's forehead. "I love you," Jungkook whispered to his son. "Be good to your mom okay?" Jungkook whispered once more before he slowly handed him off to Taehyung who was in tears. Taehyung tried his best to not cry but how the fuck was he supposed to just be okay with this? Cupping Taehyung's face, Jungkook pressed a long soft kiss on Taehyung's forehead before he kissed Taehyung's lips. Slow and softly, leaving a lingering taste on Taehyung's lips as Jungkook then smiled lightly. "Thank you Taehyung." Jungkook bit his lip.

Almost like all the emotions hit him right then and there as Jungkook broke out into a little cry once Taehyung grabbed at Jungkook's wrist. "Don't," Taehyung whispered. "P-Please..." Taehyung gripped on a little tighter as Jungkook kept his smile but his eyes were closed. "I love you okay? So fucking much." Jungkook said while slowly making Taehyung let go of his wrist. Before Taehyung could beg for Jungkook to stay even longer- and before Jungkook could start crying his heart out, he left. Walking down the hall towards the room Namjoon's father was in. The moment Jungkook shut the door and locked himself in, he fell to his knees and started to cry.

Life wasn't supposed to be like this. Jungkook was never supposed to be the root of this problem. There was never even supposed to be a problem! Yet his 'mother' ripped everything away from him. Who the hell were his parents? What happened to them?! How was Jungkook so easily stolen and forgotten? Why him? Why experiment on him?! And why did it work for just him?! So many questions yet Jungkook had no one to answer them. If Jungkook just let himself get bit then they wouldn't be here. No one would be here and Jungkook would have solved the fucking problem but instead, he saved himself each time, fell in love with Taehyung, and had a whole family! friends! and now he's just supposed to... die?... just like that?

Hearing the ringing come back, Jungkook closed his eyes, and eventually, he started to slide down onto the floor. The virus shot through his veins and burned him from within but somehow Jungkook was still trying to fight it away. Scared for what was to come. Grunting out loudly, Jungkook hit the wall forcefully, trying to hurt his hand so the pain would direct to his hand and not his head. It did work- for a while but eventually, Jungkook just lost himself. The virus finally took over Jungkook's body and Jungkook slowly fell into a sleep-like state. Everything in his body was screaming for help though. Like he was trapped in his own body while the virus changed his outer body.

Jungkook's skin color changed, becoming pale to a rotting corpse. Almost like his skin was becoming flaky. Jungkook's eyes became monstrous and filled with blood. His rotting teeth hurting to feed and before Jungkook knew it, he was gone. Lost in the virus as he got up and staggered his way to the window. Yet deep within Jungkook was still screaming. Screaming for somebody to hear him. Screaming for the burning sensation to stop. The hurt he felt from within though? Jungkook was no longer Jungkook, and that was the saddest part of it all. "What's that noise?" Seokjin asked Namjoon who was confused. "It might be Jungkook-"

Within the same few seconds, Siwoo started to become fussy. "No. No, it's from outside." Seokjin said quietly before he hurried down the steps and hurried towards the door. Opening the doors ever so slightly, Seokjin saw the dead standing in place and just as Seokjin tried to open the door a little more to see, one of the dead was running full speed towards the building. "Sh-Shut the door!" Namjoon yelled- seeing the other zombies running towards the building until they were bashing their whole bodies into the building. "Fuck! fuck what the fuck!?" Seokjin slammed the door shut. Hearing thump after thump, groans, and moans along with the screeches.

All while Siwoo screamed in Taehyung's hold. Even the room Jungkook was in started to get noisy. Jungkook trying to escape the room by bashing himself against the window. "Guys! Jungkook's hurting himself!" Yoongi yelled after going to check on the boy that was gone. Not even having time to process that Jungkook was dead. "Why are they doing this?!" Taehyung asked while trying to hush his baby boy that just kept screaming. "Taehyung stay there!" Seokjin tried to stop Taehyung from following them. Ready to get Jungkook down and inject the male so they wouldn't have to worry about the dead. "No! I don't wan-" And before Seokjin could stop the male, Taehyung saw Jungkook.

The rotting flesh looked right at him before Jungkook started to screech which made the dead from outside screech louder. "The door is coming down!" Namjoon screamed from the front after trying to hold down the fort. "Look!" Yoongi pointed out where Jungkook was staring. At the little boy in Taehyung's arms. "Once the baby started crying, the screeches and everything started. Jungkook started trying to break this window down because... your son is the cure so..." Yoongi gulped since he didn't want to finish that sentence. "So they're trying to kill Siwoo." Taehyung said with a lump in his throat. "Taehyung please-" Seokjin begged the boy to step away.

Too in shock, Taehyung didn't put up a fight as he looked at Jungkook. The once-alive boy who was just talking to him was against the window, screeching and trying to get to their little boy. "Bring the needle!" Yoongi said in a hurry, ready to run into the room while Jungkook was distracted. Which was perfect as Yoongi got the needle from Seokjin and was hurrying in. The creak did cause Jungkook to look back but Yoongi was already reaching for Jungkook's arm. Stumbling forward, Jungkook opened his mouth to try to bite Yoongi but Yoongi only injected Jungkook before they both fell to the floor. Jungkook reached out to Yoongi before the liquid took its course.

Choking up right away, Jungkook rolled onto his back. Scratching at his own face while a deafening screech came from Jungkook. A screech that started to turn into a heartwrenching scream. The cure rushed through his veins, killing the virus within Jungkook but it was too much for Jungkook's body to handle. Jungkook lived with this virus since he was a child. How would his body react to losing that?? No one knew. "Hol-Holy fuck!" Yoongi yelled, covering his ears as Jungkook and the dead from outside started screaming. Namjoon watched the whole thing unravel as he watched the dead fall to the ground, holding their heads.

Dropping his weapon, Namjoon fell to the floor as he watched the dead start to fall to the ground. One by one fell to the ground, screaming bloody murder and choking up before... that was it. They just laid there, dead, actually dead. "Is he dead?!" Taehyung asked the boys after hearing the screaming stop. Siwoo still crying and screaming. "Is he?!" Taehyung yelled out of frustration as his tears just kept falling. "Tae?" Jimin came out of the isolation room completely normal. "... Jimin?" Taehyung cried out. Hurrying over to Taehyung, Jimin fell to his knees and hugged the boy tightly. "Ji-Jimin oh m-my go-god!" Taehyung choked out.

"... He's gone." Seokjin came out of the room after checking Jungkook's pulse. The rotting body showing no signs of life. "... No." Taehyung shook his head, slightly pulling away from Jimin. "No- no no no he's- no!" Taehyung yelled, his heart breaking by the second while Jimin pulled Taehyung in for a hug. A heartbreaking cry came from Taehyung who held Jimin tightly. Jungkook was gone and a big piece of Taehyung's heart was ripped out that day too.