Crying Wolf

Crying Wolf

In the busy city of New York, it is raining, making it even busier as a black 1969 Corvette turns into the faculty parking lot in one of the designated spaces within one of the top Universities in the city at their campus in Washington Square

In the busy city of New York, it is raining, making it even busier as a black 1969 Corvette turns into the faculty parking lot in one of the designated spaces within one of the top Universities in the city at their campus in Washington Square. Once the car parks in the space and the engine cuts off, the car door opens, and a feminine figure dressed in black pulls out a black umbrella; opening in the rain, the driver steps out of the car and calmly walks through the downpour into the building with students running past her into the safety of the brick building.

 Once the car parks in the space and the engine cuts off, the car door opens, and a feminine figure dressed in black pulls out a black umbrella; opening in the rain, the driver steps out of the car and calmly walks through the downpour into the bu...

⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃⌄⌄⌄⌄⌄⌃⌃⌃⌃⌃

Inside one of the classrooms of New York University, some of the top students scramble around to find a seat

Inside one of the classrooms of New York University, some of the top students scramble around to find a seat. "Quick! She's coming!"A male student shouts as they rush into the room and find the nearest chair when the classroom door dramatically opens, and a gorgeous brunette walks into the room. The smartly dressed woman stands at the front of the room, putting a black laptop bag onto the small wooden podium, not even looking at the students, who sit nervously as the young professor takes out a stack of test papers. The brunette slams the small pile of papers onto the table next to the podium, making the students jump in their seats. "I have never seen such a pathetic attempt!" She yells, making the students quiver. "These essays were to express your interest in a topic this course has gone through in extreme detail." The course professor picks the stack of papers back up and selects one of the essays at the top.
"Michelle grossly misjudged her audience as she chose the mythology of werewolves, making up facts that have zero credibility. As. She. Did. NOT. Have any credible references to back her beyond ridiculous claims." The brunette throws the pink folder at the student, who flinches as the papers inside scatter around her. "Noah...your portrayal of witches was beyond wrong and a little sexist," She again throws the green file in his face, making him wince. "All of your essays are to be rewritten by the end of the week, and if you think I am joking, then you don't know me very well."
"Professor McKnight?" Noah asks as he raises his hand, and she looks at him with piercing blue eyes. "Could you give us some pointers on our essay topics?"
"Of course," She replies with a fake smile, grabs a piece of chalk, and begins writing on the blackboard. "When writing about these subjects, think of them as living within our world. The topic of these essays was clear. 'What happened to them in modern times'" She turns back to the students, seeing a hand raised. "Yes, Taylor?"
"When you mean 'living in our world'? Do you mean living in the present amongst us?" Taylor asks the professor.
"I do. Whichever of your choice, be it Witch or Vampire or even Werewolf, or something else. I want you to write your essay about what could have happened in the present, would they have to change their ways, having to adapt to our modern ways and such." The brunette explains to the class, who seem interested. "The remaining time in this classroom, I want you all to come up with ideas for your essays and begin writing them up. I want them done by the end of the week. Email them to me and by next Wednesday you will find out your final results." She receives silence. "Am I clear?"
"Yes, professor!" The students reply, and a phone begins to ring. The professor recognises the ringtone in a heartbeat.
"Get out your laptops and start coming up with ideas," She orders them, walking back to the podium for her laptop bag; she digs around to find her phone; she finally finds the device and answers the call, seeing the contact pop up on her screen. Finally, she unlocks her phone and walks out of the room; her students wonder what's happening as the door closes, but they know better than to question her.