Chapter 15

The hood came off and Sinyo stared in horror at the gray jackal that stands before him.

"How? Y-you died that day I saw it with my own eyes, how are you alive!"

A wicked grin spread across Draku's face as he starts to walk closer to Sinyo.

"I guess this is one of the perks of being blessed by our ancestors, it took me a while to be fully alive again but I did manage to do it."

Now Draku manage to close the distance between himself and Sinyo, he extended his arms to Sinyo.

"Come join me brother and together we will bring back the Syinshia dynasty and kill the descendant of that guard who killed me all those years ago."

~

Both Jengi and Vatenya stared in horror as the runes of the building glow a purple color.

"somebody activated the runes, Jengi we need to get to Disay before things get out of hand."

At that, both of them ran into the city where the mist started to form making it harder to see.

"I thought he was our enemy, we should be happy about this."

Jengi shifts into his feral form and hulls Vatenya up onto his back as they search for Sinyo.

"We don't know what's going to happen to him, I don't know much about hrindem magic Jengi, but I do know that if you get caught in a hrindem ritual then you'll wish for death to claim you."

Ignoring the last part Vatenya said, Jengi use his nurakye to try to clear out the mist but it didn't work.

"Vatenya why is my nurakye not working?"

Vatenya looks surprised at what Jengi said before realization hit her.

"I heard rumors about magic not working in the hrindem ritual but I didn't know that it was true, I think we need to use the creator of this hrindem ritual elements to cast any sort of spell."

Before Jengi can speak he can hear some voices nearby, faint but still hearable, he ran in the direction of the voice and once the voice started to grow louder he saw Disay and Draku standing there with Draku paws still extended out for Disay to shake, suddenly white acid erupted from the ground splitting Disay and Draku from each other, quickly reacting to the distraction Jengi quickly grabs Disay before bolting out of the city and in the direction of the palace leaving behind a very angry Draku in its wake.