Chapter 10

Shadow and Disay sit across each other, there was a long silence that hangs before them but before the tension can rise any higher Shadow breaks the silence.

"Where you there at the day of the new dawn festival?"

Disay looks to be in thought for a moment but Shadow can see that he has a slight smirk on his face.

"Yeah, I was there but I was with the people warning them of the potential threat of the reincarnation of the nameless god."

Shadow's eyes twitch at that sentence but he still proceeds with the interview.

"Did you see the prince and princess before they died?"

Disay nod as Shadow seems to have his anger diminish.

"Did you know how they died?"

It was a question that Shadow questioned among the guards and maids who were there, but he wanted to know from the source.

"I know that a rockslide killed Prince Varoun though I did see a green canine where the rock was, and Princess Vati was killed by poisoned and was found later dead.

Shadow check his notes from the other interview and it seems to be aligned with the others.

"Do you think this might be related to the cult followers of the nameless god?"

Shadow just barely hold back the venom of his words so that Disay won't notice it, while Disay sneered at Shadow, and what Shadow saw in his eyes was so shocking to him that he might not ever believe it if it isn't right in front of him.

"They might be after all why would the-."

Before Disay could finish his sentence, a woman with green eyes, and black hair, wearing a dark green dress with a lime green outline on it, greenish-black pants, and black sandals, has a golden necklace with a yellow gem in the center. She interrupted their interrogation.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you two but the emperor calls you both for an important meeting about Dahiji."

Both Shadow and Disay look at each other before Shadow answered the guard.

"Lead the way."

At that, all three of them left the temporary office and went to the meeting hall.

~

The guard knocks at the door before she opens it and leaves Disay and Shadow, Disay was the first one to enter the room followed by Shadow. Shadow saw that the emperor was sitting in the front of the table while beside him on the left side is Vatenya on the right side seemed to be a man with purplish-blue hair, azure eyes, wearing a grayish-red shirt, gauntlet, and pants, a light azure cape, belt, boot. A man with dark blue hair, a yellow iris, and a very dark desaturated yellow sclera, wearing a very dark blue shirt, blackish-blue pants, and yellow sandals. And right opposite of the man is another man with very dark violet hair, bright yellow iris, mostly black yellow sclera, wearing dark blue armor.

"Ah, Disay and Shadow, I have some news for you two."

Both Shadow and Disay look at each other before the emperor speaks to them again.

"The city known as Dahiji was attacked by an unknown group, we are here to form an investigation group about what happened in the city and the aftermath."

At the mention of Dahiji being burned down to the ground, confusion edge on Anirino's face.

"And what do you suggest we should do?"

Anirino asks the emperor, the emperor looks around the room for a few minutes before landing on the violet hair man.

"Disay and Gaylathad you two will be the ones to investigate the city."

Shadow looks at Gaylathad for a moment before Vatenya speaks up.

"Father, you already assign Gaylathad to capture the culprit, and seeing as we're getting close to that he might not be able to join this."

The emperor looks at his daughter for a moment before staring right back at Disay.

"I keep forgetting about that but if Gaylathad can't join you then you might as well take Rekito if no other Zinlu is available."

The emperor's hand gestured to the man with blue hair. Disay looks at him for a moment before the two of them nod as he heads out of the room.

"Now Shadow do you have some progress over the last three days."

~

As Disay and Rekito walks down the hallways, Disay took a turn heading in the direction of his room while Rekito carried on walking toward the main entrance of the palace. Disay closes the door behind him and locks it, he then looks around the room seeing a sleeping Dia.

"Dia may you bring Lirah here?"

Dia immediately woke up, she looks at Disay for a few seconds before turning into a dark violet crystal snake sculpture, after waiting for a while, then sand started to emerge from the ground and then started to form a shape of a jackal and when the sand started to give an image of a lime-green jackal with an azure-blue sclera, and pupil, grayish-blue iris, she has a yellow marking on her head, at the tip of her tail, and on her paws.

"Sinyo why did you call me?"

Her voice seems to have an unnatural distortion around it but it can still be heard with a bit of difficulty

"I'll be gone in a couple of days Lirah, don't do anything stupid, and please stop calling me by that name again, you know that name is dead to me."

Without waiting for a reply Disay grabs the small bag underneath his bed, secures the strap, and heads out leaving both Lirah and Dia with an uncertain look.

~~~

Vaxero, the purplish-blue hair and azure eyes man

Gaylathad

Rekito