Chapter 9: Crack X in X the Glass

Start from the beginning

When it was Leorio's turn, Gon suggested gambling at Leorio's age. And he would've won with it if it wasn't for Leorio's big fat mouth.

Then Leorio bet on winning rock paper scissors. Because of math and logic and all that fancy stuff that Kurapika explained and psychological tricks from the pink-skinned prisoner, it was sure to end badly for Leorio.

And he lost.

So we lost fifty hours and were put at a draw.

Next up was Killua and the person who had been sitting in the corner that I forgot to count. When it was announced that the handcuffs were being removed, even the other prisoners were scared. And then he shoved Majitani into the wall and broke it with his body.

When he revealed himself, Leorio recognized him as a mass murderer. He killed everyone with his own hands and was nondiscriminatory. Killua was unphased though.

"Just trust me," Killua said, his eyes flicking over to me momentarily, then walked off, "I'll be fine."

During their match, the killer made a move but Killua beat him to it. He carved the heart out of the prisoner. It was wrapped in the cloth of his shirt and still beating.

Then it wasn't.

We won.

Then Killua invited the man Tonpa fought to have a fight. Maybe Killua noticed something about him. Gon revealed Killua was from a family of assassins. When Killua returned, a new bridge was extended and my handcuffs were released.

We were led away to a room where we'd spend the next fifty hours. Or, we would have.

Shortly after getting my handcuffs off, I felt a new metal band snap around each of my wrists. I only had a second or two to fight back and for the others to notice before I was yanked back. Harshly. Really harshly.

The cuffs were connected to a metal chain that dragged me along the floor, down a hallway, and into a room. The chain was connected to one wall that I got pulled back towards. Unfortunately, there was a table below the chain that I slammed into as well. It hurt my back.

"Welcome to your challenge, Universe," the intercom man spoke once I got up, "Since you accidentally joined Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Leorio, and Tonpa, you weren't able to complete your challenge. Now you are. Welcome to the escape room, we have personally designed for you. You must find a way out, of your chains and be free. Your friends will be available to assist you through a different intercom."

"Hey! Can you hear us now?" Gon's voice rang out. He sounded worried.

"Yeah," I said back, "can you hear me?"

"Yeah!" Gon cheerily yelled back.

"Don't worry! We'll find a way to get you out!" Leorio and Kurapika yelled haphazardly.

Killua had yet to say anything.

I began to look around, as one does. Around me was a mostly empty room. Four walls, on with the metal door I came through. It was sealed tight to hell and back, no getting out of that one quickly.

Then there was the wall right behind me with the table and metal wire. The table had weapons on it. A knife, a spear, a war hammer, an axe, and a gun. Isn't that nice?

The wall opposite the door just had one big red button against the brick.

And the wall right in front of me wasn't made of brick-like all the others. It was dark and almost reflective and had a crack right down the middle. It almost looked like glass. I tried to get closer, but I could only get so far with the chain.