Chapter 8: Today On X Dr. Phil X - A Traitor!

I hate that guy

Hate is a strong word, Greg.

It knows how to describe the right person, though.

"Get up! We're at the second phase!" a cheery voice yelled

It was Gon yelling. He launched himself onto me, shaking me as if his life depended on it.

"Gon, you absolute ray of sunshine, I love you and all pal but get off of me," I said. trying to push the green bean off of me.

Kurapika offered a hand and asked, "Did you sleep well?"

"I'm still alive so I'd say no."

"There's that damn attitude," Killua muttered from behind Gon.

"Damn, he's still alive so definitely not."

Kurapika sighed, "Your problems won't all magically go away overnight, you know? You have to fix them yourself."

"So I should kill him... okay. Thanks!"

"No, fix your problems by-"

"Guys! Come on! The third phase is starting!" Gon yelled.

Gon got up and ran away, Killua following close after them. "They have so much energy," Leorio mumbled. Kurapika nodded absentmindedly.

"Let's just follow them before I fall asleep again and don't get up this time," I said.

We followed the path marked by signs on the airship. We were all led outside where a group stood. The ground was made of plain stone in a sandy color. There was nothing for a long way.

Beans called, "Everyone, this is the site of the hunter exam's third phase. You'll be competing here at the top of the Trick Tower. In order to pass this phase, you must reach the base of the tower alive. The time limit is seventy-two hours. And with that, the exam's third phase will now begin. Good luck to each and every one of you!"

Everyone was confused but began to walk around nonetheless. Gon wandered over to the edge, getting down on his knees and peering over the edge.

"Get to the base of the tower they said," I mumbled and flexed my fingers, "I just found one way down."

I crossed my arms and also peered over the edge. The tower was very tall. Tall enough that if you fell it'd be instant death, with no hope of survival. Everything blurred for a few seconds and the wind sent a shiver down my spine.

I took a step back, unintentionally bumping into Killua. Instead of a snarky remark, he simply pats my shoulder once.

"Are we supposed to climb down?" Leorio asked.

Kurapika shook his head no, "Well I hope not, that would be suicide."

"Maybe for a normal person," someone stated. We all turned to look at who said it. A guy who had rock climbing gear spoke, "But a top-class rock climber like me can handle this, no problem."