The Dead I Live With (Chapter 5)

Start from the beginning

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

I kicked the hand away, and it fell away lifelessly. I swam upwards, and resurfaced, gasping for air. I dragged my soggy body towards the shore, and clambered onto it gratefully. I wasn't dead.

I was still here.

There was a giant cave in front of me. It looked dark, but I didn't care. Using all my strength, I stood up, swaying slightly. I moved into the cave, and looked around.

I walked further in, so far that I lost the entrance, and I was in pitch black darkness. I felt around for the wall, but instead I felt flesh.

Human flesh.

I screamed.

"CHASE!" I woke up screaming, and he was the first person I thought of. "Chase? Chase?! Are you there?!" I panicked, and he groaned. I was about to scream, raise the zombie alarm, when he formed proper words, banning the thought of Zombiefied Chase from my head.

"Ava? What's wrong?" He mumbled at me, and I rushed to the side of the bed, wide awake.

"He's back!! He's here!!" I told him, and he shook his head sleepily at me

"No Ava, it's just you and me, no-one else. It was just a dream." He muttered at me, trying to keep his eyes open.

"Yeah....just a dream....." I realised, looking around the dark and shadowed room.

"Yeah Ava, go back to sleep" Chase told me, closing his eyes again

"I can't" I whispered "He'll come back"

"Fine Ava you win. Get in" Chase pulled back the covers. revealing himself in his PJ's, which consisted of his underwear "Climb in, c'mon, your creating a draft. You can't sleep on your own, get in"

Reluctantly, I slid in, pulling the covers up to my chin, and curling my legs up, so I was in a ball, I turned away from Chase, snuggling down into the toasty warm covers.

I closed my eyes, and fell into blissful sleep.

"Ava? It's Kain! Are you dressed? Cause it's 9:00 and Stark sent me, and you're late already. AVA!" Kain was shouting and hammering on my door.

I awoke with a jump, making me fall out of bed. I landed with a thump on the floor, and turned around to look back on the bed, where a sleeping Chase was slowly stirring.

"Yeah, Kain, give us a minute." I shouted to him, then spun round back to Chase "Close your eyes!" I hissed a him in hushed tones, and he obliged. I pulled of my PJ's, and pulled on some jeans and a random t-shirt. Washing would have to wait.

The jeans were black skinnies, and the top read MAN-EATER!. Great, I thought. But it was too late now. I bent down so my face was level with Chase's.

"Morning princess"

"Chase, no time for jokes. Kain's outside the door. Get under the bed, and leave my room the minute he's gone, got it?" I babbled, but Chase still nodded. Good enough.

Instead of getting under the bed, Chase pulled the covers over his head, and I opened the door to a grinning Kain.

"Good morning Ava. Did you sleep well?" Kain asked politely. I walked through the door, slamming it loudly behind me, the signal that Chase could emerge. Kain and I started walking.

"So, Ava" Kain began

"So what, Kain?" I questioned

"So, how would you like to come by my room later? I could show you my gun" Kain offered, and I sighed.

"Have you always been this annoying? I don't remember you being annoying. I thought you were a rebel. How have you gone from rebel to blithering idiot?" I snapped, and Kain looked impressed.

I scowled at him.

"It's you Ava babes. You just make me crazy." He winked at me, then flashed a dazzling smile at me.

"That's funny. I don't remember me making you crazy" I reminded him harshly, and he shrugged

"That was before. This whole apocolypse thing, it's changed me Ava. I can see what I want know"

"Me too Kain. I'm afraid I just don't want you though" I told him

"You did before"

"That was before! The end of the world doesn't change things Kain!"

He stopped walking. He stood in front of a large door, then turned to me.

"The kennels. I'll see you later Ava, I'm not giving up on you. I'm more of a man than Chase will ever be!" He stalked off before I had chance to reply.

I opened the door.

And the biggest dog I'd ever seen came hurtling towards me.

***************************************************************************

No more wasp saving recently, but I did have something very important to tell you............

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just for you guys, a very weird mutant Easter egg:

()     VOILA!

Enjoy that whilst you VOTE COMMENT AND/OR FAN!!!!

THANXXXXXXXX