The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 7)

Help me.

Please.

The thudding got louder, as did my heart rate which sped up to frightening speeds. The hand holding the gun to my head trembled.

A single loud thud petrifying close to my head cause me to drop the gun in shock, and before my unbelieving eyes I saw it snatched away by the hands that were soon enough going to snatch away  my life. Breath held I waited to see if the gun would resurface, but it was buried under a sea of undead arms.

I clenched my fists, and the whole world began to tremble. My world anyway, but since I was never going to see the rest of the world again, this was as good as it was going to get.

Terrified, I looked up at the ceiling to try and forget what was happening around me. All of a sudden, something collided with the side of my face, causing blood to begin to drip down. In pain, I clutched my head, and looked to the floor.

Numb, I then looked to the door.

A hinge had hit my eye. They were breaking the hinges off one by one, and there were only three left. Three measly little hinges weren’t gonna save my life; nothing was.

Please help me.

Please?

I didn’t have my gun now either. I couldn’t even choose to end my own freaking life! I was going to be ripped off limb by freaking limb and be devoured alive! Cursing under my breath, blood from my head now bleeding down onto my lip, I looked to the sky.

I looked towards God.

Any god, Buddha, Jesus, Thor, anybody who can help me! A zombie hand grabbed for my leg, but I quickly recoiled on top of the toilet seat again. The ceiling tiles began to multiply as tears formed in my eyes, and I cried them out.

My whole body was shaking, and to try and calm myself I thumped the sides of the walls. “YOU WILL NEVER GET IN!” I screeched; my whole body filled with anguish and pain and general angriness. I screamed as loud as I could, just because I could.

I could do freaking anything.

My knees went up as the zombies tried to ram the door in order to get in. I shoved back on them with the sink. I remembered the terracotta pieces, and fished them out of my pockets, whatever use they were now.

Forcefully, I threw them at the hands below, causing blood to squirt out, and a horrid black gooey mess that formed in puddles around the hands and toilet seat. I heard zombie screams though, so the fact that I’d caused these demons pain was a good thing.

Save me if you really love me.

Please help.

Come soon.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something happened that I hadn’t expected. One of the ceiling tiles moved. It was over the outside of my cubicle, but I could still see it from the inside. It slid fully away, until a gaping black hole was left, were a pair of eyes could be seen.

A loud crash went off, and I covered my face and curled into myself on the toilets seat, crying in fear. A storm of bullets exploded around me, showering everything with their pain. The ceiling above shattered, sending tiles everywhere, most of which hit me.

Screams were all that could be heard amongst the shells of gunfire and bombs and growls. I screamed out, covering my ears, not wanting to hear anything anymore.

 Suddenly, it all became quiet.

The loss of noise terrified me, but comforted me too, as I could no longer hear the growls. Scared and shaking, I opened my eyes to see the hands motionless of the floor.