lxiv. a movie on replay

(   LXIV

( LXIV. A MOVIE ON REPLAY )

     THEY HAD ONE MISSION— REMEMBER STILES.

     And even though that's what Amelie had been fighting for from the very beginning, she'd never been more anxious. The idea of remembering him always brought her hope, it made her feel like all would be right in the world, that the final missing piece would complete her puzzle. But now, as they headed down the bunker and locked everything away, she was beginning to tremble.

     "Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked her friends as they locked everything up. Exchanging knowing looks, they shook their heads.

     "Probably not."

     "Definitely not."

     "You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia stared at them blankly before turning to the freezer.

     "So, how cold does this thing get?" Amelie asked warily.

     "Cold enough for a Hellhound," Lydia replied, "It's not the same thing as the ice bath you gave Isaac, but it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive."

     "So, what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" The werecoyote asked.

     "It'll slow your heart rate and put you in a trance-like state," The Banshee sighed.

     "Like hypnosis," Scott chimed in.

     "Hypnotic regression," Lydia nodded, glancing at the freezer, "If we can figure out how to work it..."

     Amelie took a look at the machine before pointing to the red button on the side, "This says "start." So, maybe it's not that complicated."

     But the more they checked it out, the more switches and buttons they found, "...It's complicated."

     "So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asked.

     "As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us."

     She hoped that would be enough. They had no time to waste so they quickly got around figuring out how the machine out. Thanks to Lydia, it was a quick process, and Scott, being Scott, decided to go first into the freezer, not that Amelie minded.

     "Okay. It's doing something," Malia sighed to prepare herself as she faced a shirtless Scott, "You ready?"

      Scott nodded bravely and stepped into the freezer. Amelie quickly closed the door and put on the latches as Lydia reminded him, "Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you. So, if something feels wrong, or, like it's not working..."