o. once, twice...

( O

( O. ONCE TWICE... )

IN ALL THE TIME Amelie Nightly knew Isaac, she learned a specific fact about him. He was never late. Whenever they planned to meet up, he was always on time. Maybe it was the fact that he wanted to escape his home and his abusive father or maybe just that he literally had nothing else to do. This or that, Isaac Lahey was always on time. So, when she told him to come over for a sleepover at exactly 8pm, she expected him to be there. She had the snacks ready, her pajamas and a film on the tv.

Except, he didn't show.

At first, he was fifteen minutes late, Amelie didn't think much of it. Maybe he was stuck in traffic ( even though Beacon Hills is rather small and they live relatively close to each other ). Then he was an hour late, did he forget? She called his phone and it was off. Where the hell was he? She kept waiting, waiting and waiting until it was 10pm and her best friend was nowhere to be seen.

By then, she'd lost hope. After leaving about ten voicemails consisting of, "Listen bitch, I don't know where you are, and I hope you're safe, but i'm locking the door and i'm going to sleep. You better have some great excuse tomorrow because i'm beating your ass at school. Anyway, love you."

Much to her surprise, Isaac was a no-show the next day. Great. Now, she was actually worried. She had one option, and she hated it. She had to ask his other friends. It's not like she hated them, she just hated that they put her best friend in danger, even though he agreed to the bite, so it's basically his fault.

With her journal in hand, she mustered up all the courage inside of her and walked up to the infamous Scott McCall. "Um, hey. You're Scott, right?" She asked, a blush forming on her cheek as his eyes met hers. It's not like she was blushing over him ( ew, that's just gross ) but Amelie was never one for socializing or randomly asking people where her best friend was, but Amelie was seriously worried. Only then did she notice that there was another person standing next to Scott. He was a brunette, with hazel eyes that were deep-set on her. She quirked a brow at him and returned to Scott.

Scott smiled with a nod. "You're Amelie, Isaac's friend." She returned the smile and said, "Yeah, I just wanted to ask if you were with Isaac yesterday? He was supposed to sleep over at my house, but he never showed. I'm just worried, y'know."

Scott furrowed his brows and glanced at his friend, who also had a confused expression. "That's weird, Isaac told us he was going over to yours."

"Um, I called him like ten times, all sent to voice mail. Is this like a werewolf thing, was it a full moon or something?" She puffed out her cheeks.

"W-WERWOLVES? What are those? Never heard of them? You must be confused or something!" Scott's friend interjected, moving around to hold Scott's shoulders and move him away from the brunette. "We don't know anything about werewolves! Stay away from us!"