vii. motel california

(   VII

( VII. MOTEL CALIFORNIA )

     "I'VE SEEN WORSE..?"

    Due to an inconvenient change of plans, they had to stay at a shitty motel for the night. To say it looked creepy was an understatement. "Where have you seen worse?"

     "Listen up! The meet's been pushed 'til tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves!" Coach Finstock yelled. "You'll be pairing up– choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants! Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

     Amelie, Lydia and Allison all looked at each other, knowing there was no one else on this trip they would rather be sharing a room with. Amelie glanced at the motel building and an uneasy feeling set within her, like the whispers were only going to love this place more.

    "Guys?" Allison called out.

     "I don't like this place," Lydia said firmly, in the same position as Amelie. "Yeah, me neither. Something doesn't feel right."

     "I don't think the people who own this place like this place," Allison chuckled but received none in return. "It's just for a night."

     "A lot can happen in one night."

🥰

     "Alright, so I have four."

     "Four? You have four suspects?" Scott asked Stiles incredulously. Stiles nodded feverishly, "Yeah, it was originally ten. Well, nine, technically, I guess– I had Derek on there twice."

     "So, who's number one? Harris?" Scott mentioned their teacher. "Just because he's missing, doesn't mean he's dead," Stiles raised his brows.

     "So, if he's not dead, our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices?" Scott repeated Stiles.

     "Yeah, I guess that just sounded way better in my head," Stiles shrugged. "Well, what if it's someone else from school? Like, you remember Matt? We didn't know that he was killing people," Scott suggested only to receive an appalled look from Stiles.

     "Excuse me? I'm sorry, what? I– Yes, we did! I called that from day one, actually!"

     "Yeah, but we never really thought that it was Matt," Scott shrugged, a small smile on his face. "I was serious! I was quite serious, actually! Deadly serious! No one listened to me! And, speaking of someone from school, I had Amelie on there, but it just doesn't make sense so she's off the list."

      "Amelie? Seriously?" Scott snorted, making Stiles shrug. "Hey! She has powers! She's just trying to figure it out."

     "Who were the other three, then?"