xxii. kanima venom

(   XXII

( XXII. KANIMA VENOM )

     "YOU WANT TO HANDCUFF ME?"

     Void faced Amelie with a condescending look— which she tried to ignore. Sighing, she stepped forward with the handcuffs dangling from her hand.

     "If the Stiles I know is still in there— if there's a part of him standing here in front of me," She frowned. "Then he'll put these on willingly and he'll trust me. Because he knows I'm here to help him."

     Amelie wasn't dumb, she knew this wasn't Stiles— the real Stiles. But still, she couldn't help but hope that he was here, that he could comply.

     Slowly, the boy rose his hands in front of him, feigning defeat. Amelie tied the handcuffs around his wrists— ignoring the way Void stared at her with an unreadable expression. A part of Amelie was scared he would hurt her, but she knew he wouldn't. Not when she could kill the one thing that threatened him most, the Oni.

     Void took a step closer to Amelie, making her breath shake ever so slightly. A dry chuckle escaped his lips as he whispered, "Do I make you nervous?"

    Amelie looked up at him with a glare. If looks could kill, he'd be six feet under. "You're not Stiles."

     With a smirk, he broke the handcuffs that encased his wrists. The anchor could hear footsteps behind her. Turning around, she found Allison, Stilinski, Argent and Derek step into the loft, each carrying a different expression.

     Suddenly, Allison shot her stun gun, hoping it would paralyze the boy— but Void only caught the electricity between his arms, making Allison gasp quietly. Derek roared at the nogitsune, stepping forward to attack but Void caught his arm and threw him onto the wall.

     The sound of a gun cocking brought Amelie's attention to Argent, who held his weapon at Void. "Argent, listen to me," Stilinski started warningly. "You don't want to do this."

     "Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, Berserkers— I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list."

     "You're not going to shoot my son!"

     "That's not your son."

     Fed up, Stilinski raised his own gun at Argent, making Allison grab Amelie's hand in fear.

     "Put it down! Put it down!"

     "Dad, he's going to shoot me," Void said shakily, as tears filled his eyes. "He's going to kill me, Dad."

     "Don't listen," Argent shook his head, but Stilinski wouldn't. "Put it down! Now! Do it! Put it down!" Stilinski shouted.

     "Pull the trigger," Void smirked at Argent. "Come on!"