iii. honor code

(   III

(   III. HONOR CODE   )

     AFTER HER TRAUMATIZING NIGHT — of being convinced there was someone in her home and discovering she could now see ghosts and more importantly, Stiles' mother, Amelie decided she didn't want to speak to the supernatural gang ever again, excluding Isaac obviously.

     She couldn't fathom how on earth she could see a ghost, or how she would ever be able to protect the boy next door. Either way, she knew she couldn't stay out of the supernatural world of this town for long. She didn't know who to tell, if she could tell anyone. Should she tell Isaac? He would want to know.

     After Stiles walked her back to her haunted home, and staying on the front porch until she went in there and assured him the house was safe, she decided to shower and get dressed for school. The sleepover with Stiles was pretty great, up until the sleeping part. They had pizza and watched a star wars movie, her favorite and apparently his too. Then, he grabbed a blanket and set off to sleep on the couch to which she objected. She told him she could sleep on the couch and this was his room, it felt unfair. And she did, she grabbed the blanket from his hands and made her way to the couch downstairs.

     That was until Claudia Stilinski appeared again.

     "What do you want from me?" She whispered to the woman sitting on the edge of the couch.

     "I want your word you'll protect him, Amelie," The woman said. Amelie shook her head, staring back at the ceiling.

     "How would I do that when I don't know what's threatening him?" She asked.

     "You'll know, my dear," Claudia placed her hand on Amelie's leg, but she couldn't feel it. Just a cold feeling.

     "I can't protect him, even if I tried. I can't protect myself," She whispered harshly.

     "You don't know the extent of your powers. Are you aware of your family's history, Amelie? Are you aware that your family has had access to the dead for centuries?"

     "That's a myth, ma'am."

     "No, it's not. Your father told you these stories because he knew of your abilities, he knew what you were capable of," Claudia insisted.

     "Then, why can't I see him? Why can I only see you?" She rose up from the couch, her blood began to boil. Her need for answers was now eating at her.

     "Your father has found peace, and he knows that you are more than capable of handling yourself."

     "And you haven't found peace. Why?" She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. Ghost business was tough.

     "I can't move forward without knowing that Stiles is safe," the ghost shrugged.

     "Okay, but why this time? Stiles has always been threatened, he's always been in trouble. What is so special about this threat?"