xv. best fake smile

(   XV

(   XV. BEST FAKE SMILE   )

     IF YOU ASKED AMELIE IF SHE SLEPT WELL THAT NIGHT, she would present to you her best fake smile and nod— but the truth was she didn't blink once. The whole night she stared at the ceiling— reminiscing the feeling of Stiles' lips on hers. They hadn't discussed it after, and she had a feeling they wouldn't. It would just remain as a big question mark above their heads— and Amelie didn't know if she wanted that.

     That morning, she decided to pick up Isaac on her way to school. They were trying to work on rekindling their friendship, and they promised that both of them would equally put in the effort. As soon as they got out of the car, Isaac spotted Scott and Stiles talking to none other than Ethan and Aiden— the twins that killed Boyd and Erica.

     "What the hell are they doing here?" Isaac spat, making his way to the four. Begrudgingly, Amelie followed— the last thing she wanted to do was face Stiles— especially with her feelings unanswered.

     "...There's no reason to say no."

     "I can think of one!" Isaac interfered as soon as he reached them, Amelie staying behind him like a shadow. "Like, the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd."

     "In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now."

     "You want to try?" Aiden growled, flashing his now blue eyes at the beta, who welcomed him with his amber ones.

     Stopping him, Scott pressed his hand against Isaac's chest, stopping him from stepping any further. "Sorry, but they don't trust you... And neither do I."

🥰

     "All right, that's my face!"

     "Hey, dude! Good decision, buddy! Good Alpha decision," Stiles encouraged his best friends, holding on his shoulders.

     "I hope so..."

     "No, you know so," Stiles corrected opening his locker and glancing at his best friend. "Then I can take— What are you looking at?"

     Turning around, he found Kira talking with none other than the girl he couldn't stop thinking about. Just the sight of the brunette made his heart hammer against his ribs, begging for escape. It was like there was an invisible string tying them together— only growing stronger since their kiss.

     "Me?"

     "You," Stiles breathed, his eyes still on the girl with the bright smile. "You looking at her?"