24. Saying goodbye

Chapter 24: Saying goodbye

Ash pov

"Soapy!" My little sister Trixie screamed as I walked in Sophie's room carrying her. I thought it would be a good time for my parents and siblings to say goodbye to Sophie. Marking her didn't do anything it didn't make her better it didn't make her worse. She had gotten worse by herself. Sophie had found it hard to breathe, speak and eat. So Liz had no choice but to put a tube in her to help her breathe. Right now my family was following me in as I walked into the room. Sophie was asleep her limp hair was tied into a messy bun and she was wearing a pair of leggings and a Micky mouse t-shirt. She said that she had gotten fed up of wearing the hospital gown and begged me to help her have a bath and clean up. Liz kept disagreeing with Sophie but that girl never gives up. She hadn't eaten anything for days she rarely talked since her throat hurt but I still talked to her and she listened to me.

"Ashy what wrong with Soap?" Trixie asked.

"She's not well, sweetie," I said to her as I sat down in my seat near to Sophie, who was fast asleep.

"Son, are you sure it's okay for us to be here?" My father asked.

"You need to say goodbye to her, she hasn't got long left," I answered. Trixie jumped out of my arms and onto the bed. She sat down near Sophie's legs and waited patiently for god knows what.

"Trixie what are you doing?" I asked my monkey of a sister.

"Soap asleep Trisie wait she wake up," she smiled.

"Okay,"

"Ash... I feel awkward watching her sleep," my brother Aaron said breaking the silence.

"Suck it up, buttercup!" I snapped at him. He sighed and slouched in his seat. Dereck didn't come he said that he had some studying or something shitty like that to do. Seriously my brother is such a nerd!

"Ashton, when did she fall asleep?" My mother asked.

"She was awake when I left, so maybe while I was gone,"I shrugged.

"She dead," Trixie said all of a sudden.

"Trista! Don't say that she's very much alive!" My mother shouted at my little sister. Her bottom lip started trembling and before I knew it she burst into tears.

"Ummy shout at me," she wailed. I picked her up and sat her down on my knee, she snuggled into me and sobbed.

"Hey, who's crying?" I heard an angelic voice whisper. I looked up and it was Sophie.

"Hey babe. My family's here and Trixie's crying," I smiled at Sophie. Her eyes widened as she looked around the room.

"Ash... I don't want them to see me like this," she whispered in her raspy voice.

"Hun, I thought it would be a good time to for them to say goodbye," I murmured to her. Her eyes saddened at my words.

"Ok," she nodded. She cleared her throat and looked at my mum.

"Hello dear," my mum smiled.

"Hello," Sophie whispered her voice yet not strong enough.

"Sophie, I'm so sorry for everything you have been going through. I'm so sorry for all that has happened to you since the age of fifteen. I would just like to say thank you. You've showed our son, a different way of thinking about life. You've made him change so much. I wish that you would have had more time to spend with him. Everything that you have been fighting for is enough, it's time to stop. Sophie you know you won't be able to hold on longer. You've done enough sweetheart. Let go. Let go, when it feels right," my mother said to her. Sophie didn't say anything but nodded her head. I saw her eyes forming tears.