19; Sports Festival 3/5

Now in the hallways near the prep rooms, I stood against the wall, my dad a couple of feet away from me. His gaze seemed menacing, but I kept a stern face. I didn't want him to see me as something to just yell at.

"Why are you here?"

His cold, scary expression became a smile. A soft, warm smile. One of those smiles he used to give me when I was a kid before my quirk was revealed to be Vitality Spark to my parents. When he had hope that I would never get his brother's quirk.

"... I just came to say. I'm SO proud of you!"

I was wildly confused upon hearing those words come from his mouth. He was proud of me? What was he doing?

"What?"

"Well, what you did in that "Calvary Battle" was amazing. You didn't seem to use your quirk at all... Except at the very end."

His smile then became a frown again, an angered frown. His whole expression suddenly changed into anger. He walked up to me, slamming his hand against the wall, right next to my face. This made me flinch noticeably, my whole body began to tremble lightly. I looked left and right to see if anyone was there, but no one was around, it was empty.

"Don't expect help this time."

"Wh-What do you want?"

I could feel my legs begin shaking, making me want to fall to the floor in fear.

"I don't want anything. I want you to know that no matter how you use your quirk, it is always going to end up hurting someone. Once you get to the last event, you're going to hurt someone. You're going to kill someone, and it will be all your fault!"

I was shot with fear and dread. I was completely shaking, looking up at my dad's silent rage-filled eyes. He wanted me to know that I was going to hurt someone. He knew this would hurt me.

"Your little friend probably ran away because of you. He must've been afraid of what you can do!"

He was talking about Izuku.

"N-No. That is NOT true! He's too kind to do that!"

My father then slammed his other hand against the wall to my right, making it impossible for me to leave now. I closed my eyes, afraid of what he wanted to do.

"Look at you... Trembling like a baby. That's all you are. A child! A child with a quirk that needs to be controlled! It's probably already too late for the treatment to work. You need to be locked up!"

I opened my eyes. All of a sudden, some random burst of rage came along me. I was no longer afraid, I was angry. I wanted to fling my dad across the hallway. I realized that the way he was treating me is not ok, and he should not be doing this. He never should've been my dad in the first place. Anger welled up in my chest, as I began speaking.

"Get away..."

"What did you say?!"

"GET AWAY! WHY DOES ANY OF THIS MATTER TO YOU?!"

I pushed him, making sure my quirk didn't activate this time. He stumbled back, almost tripping on himself. He seemed shocked by my sudden outburst.

A familiar voice then came from the right of me.

"[L/N], are you ok?"

It was Mr. Aizawa. Todoroki was next to him, which made me confused about what he was doing here. My father then turned to face the two of them, showing a slightly worried expression on his face. Aizawa faced my dad, him obviously not seeming happy.

"Mr. [L/N]. You are banned from entering UA grounds. Leave immediately!"

My dad instantly walked away, but soon was face to face with Midnight.