9; Broken Bandages

10 Years Earlier

(5 years old)

I had gotten to school late since my visit to the doctor's office took longer than expected. My parents were talking to the doctor about the results of my quirk, and it was so important because it lasted almost 30 minutes.

Once I walked into the school, I was greeted by one of the teachers. I gripped my light blue gowned uniform with my left hand as my right one was accompanied by her hands hold. We both walked down the hall out to the playground, where everyone was having recess.

Once we got to the door leading outside, she ushered me out to play with everyone. I began walking over to where Katsuki, Izuku, and the other kids were. Once I got in earshot, I was listening to the conversation, standing next to Izuku.

Everyone was huddled into a circle surrounding Katsuki, he was making small little sparks from the palms of his hands. Ever since he's gotten his quirk he has been kind of a show-off, everyone asked him to show his quirk. Even Izuku was mesmerized too, but to me, it wasn't that cool. It was only little sparks; he can't even start a fire without it going out right after.

Once he was done everyone began stepping closer to him, asking him to do it again. But he denied it and started talking about his dream to become a hero, and how he will be #1 when he grows up.

Izuku then brought up that being his dream for the future too. Katsuki turned his head around really quickly, giving Izuku a face of disgust, he then began talking whilst walking closer to him, as everyone moved out of the way to let him through.

"You? A hero? But you're quirkless? You can't be a hero."

Everyone around him began nodding their heads agreeing with Katsuki.

I then walked in front of Izuku, before giving Katsuki my statement of his belief.

"No, he can be a hero. I'll help him."

Katsuki stopped walking, giving me a snotty huff before commenting on my statement

"Really? How? With your quirk? Didn't you just come from the doctor to see what your quirk is? What is it then?"

I hesitated slightly. My parents didn't tell me, they even cut off the doctor once they heard the first word he said. I couldn't even make out the word he said with how desperate they were to stop him.

"I think I can run fast..."

"Ha! You can run fast? What's that going to do? Are you going to run to Deku so you can save his quirkless self? That's so stupid!"

The kids around Katsuki began laughing at me. I felt embarrassed and ashamed.

I then saw Izuku walking in front of me, just a couple of feet in front of Katsuki.

"Kacchan you have to say sorry."

Katsuki looked at Izuku with a voice of disbelief and surprise.

"What?"

"Y-You heard me. You have to apologize to [Name], Kacchan. Right now."

Katsuki smirked at him before stepping forward and punching him in the face. Izuku stumbled onto me as we both fell like dominos onto each other. All the kids then ran away, all too afraid of what would happen or if they would get hurt.

Once the place cleared out, I notice Izuku standing in front of me again, as I still sat on the ground. He had a bloody nose and was telling Katsuki off.