14; Fragmented Branches

I and my mother stood there looking at my father who was sitting at the dining room table, scrolling through his phone.

He slowly got up from his seat, and walked over to us, standing two yards from us and the open door. My mother then slammed the door behind her, making me shiver slightly from the sudden gust of cold wind pressed against my back. My father was the first to speak.

"[Name], go to your room."

I stood there, not listening to him. I was trying to muster up the courage to call him out, which I don't know if that was a good or bad thing in the end.

"...NO! I want to know what my quirk actually is! I've asked mom and she won't tell me anything!..."

He looked down at me, then back up at my mom, an annoyed expression appearing on his face in seconds.

"YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"

"Kage, if I told you... You would've..."

Her voice began slowly slipping into silence as she backed away looking to the side, she was thinking of what to say. However, for me, I was not backing down from this. I could feel my blood start to boil. I didn't want any of this to be pushed aside. I wanted to know the truth about my quirk.

"Dad! Please, just tell me. What is so dangerous about my quirk? I WANT TO LEARN ABOUT WHAT IS SO DANGEROUS ABOUT ME!"

He looked down at me, surprised by my sudden raised voice. My hands clutched themselves into fists as I began breathing harshly, waiting for his answer.

I was now filled with rage and anger. It almost seemed sudden, but it also felt like I'd felt like this always around my father for a long time. Maybe because he's ignored and neglected me for years now? Maybe because he's treated me like shit just because of my quirk? Maybe it's because he's hurt my mom? Or maybe all of that are reasons. All my anger towards him for the past 5 years was now finally coming to the surface, readying to kick him in the face.

My father still hadn't answered my question, which I no longer wanted to wait for. So, I took one more step toward him.

"WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF? I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT MY QUIRK FOR 15 YEARS! I WANT TO BECOME A HERO, BUT I CAN'T DO THAT IF I'M FLINGING MY CLASSMATES ACROSS ROOMS JUST BECAUSE I TRIED TO PUSH THEM AWAY! I'M GOING TO START HURTING MORE PEOPLE IF YOU DON'T TELL ME!"

I could feel my quirk once again activate on its own out of anger. The tingling sparks dancing around my fingers began forming along my feet too. But I didn't try to calm down. I was mad. I was angry. I was sick of being lied to and sick of people keeping secrets. But maybe I was angry for another reason. But I didn't have time to think about it, as I began yelling at my father again.

"I JUST WANT TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND! IS IT THAT HARD? I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT MY QUIRK IS AND WHAT ITS CAPABLE OF! WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF ME KNOWING? DID I DO SOMETHING TO YOU-"

"GET THE HELL OUT!"

"NO! I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW! JUST TELL ME! WHY IS THAT SO HARD?!"

I then heard a small click go off in front of me, that's when I finally calmed down and finally looked at my dad clearly, not blinded by anger. My dad was holding his hands out, holding something to my head. It was a gun. Why did he have a gun? Where did he get that? Why is he pointing it at me? Is he going to shoot me? Is he crazy? What the hell was he doing?

My mother then sped in front of me, putting her arm over me, protecting me from my father.

"KAGE! Put the gun down. We can talk like a normal family. ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU WANT? A NORMAL FAMILY?"