12; Pains Of The Past.

Today is the final day of the ansar gaisuwa. One of the hardest phases of life is having to say goodbye to a dear one. Knowing that you'd never see and hear from him is another form of pain.

After all, is the memories you have left of the person.

Maa still hasn't been able to digest the fact that he's gone, she's been having attacks lately her health is deteriorating.

"Nadia" my maternal aunt calls reviving me out of my thought zone.

"You still haven't had anything to eat, ki ma Kani fada mana," She scolds dropping the tray on the ground.

I run on my tear-stained face flickering my stare at the wall clock.

9:45 PM.

Thankfully the house has been evacuated after the closure of the gaisuwa, there were only a few people. The pitiful stares and words, fortunately, come to an end.

I despise such things.

"Nadia" She calls in a high-pitched soaked in annoyance.

I shot her a weary look getting off the bed. "I'm not hungry aunt, please" I proceed to make my way to the bathroom.

I didn't miss the silent hiss that skipped from her lips, fighting back the urge to roll my stinging eyes.

Getting a good bath is another form of therapy on its own. It washes off all the stress and exhaustion.

So, Baa is gone...

My lips quivered a muffled sob eased out, hot light tears streamed along with the water from the shower. This all feels like a nightmare I'm hoping to wake up from very soon.

Too bad it isn't...

I stared at my numb worn-out self in the mirror, funny how one could change in just a few days.

My puffy dark circled eye looked drained and barely sleep sustain. It was almost as though I was back to my gloomy old self.

In times like this I regret shutting out my therapist, something I need rn to help my situation.

Having done praying Ish'a prayer I settled down and read a few verses feeling as though a heavy weight has been lifted.

Bing.

Messages dropped in as I turned on my phone. My phone has been off since the event I couldn't deal with the numerous calls and texts of condolences.

Unknown
-Salaam Alaikum. It's Ammar speaking, sorry about the loss, he's in a better place In Shaa Allah. Prayers are all he renders don't beat yourself about it we all have our time, it was his after all every soul will taste death. So please, don't think too hard, we'd get through this, okay?

Ugh!

Not him again. I had to fight back the urge to ignore him, but I knew otherwise.

-Uh...Thanks.

I saved his number afterward deciding on "Sir"

From; Sir
-Hey! How are you feeling now?

Someone is overdoing things oooo! Either way, I replied locking the screen of the phone and slipping it underneath my pillow just in time for the door to creak open.

Shit!

Ya Faruk.

He walked in with a Salama making seat right next to me on the bed. He huffed out a sigh adjusting his seating position.