Episode twenty

< 17th of September, 2010 >

"I miss it, i miss it so much that it physically hurt. And now that i'm here, i don't think i ever want to go back to Philly." - Y/n Bailey

______________________________

Y/n pov

Me and Emily have our hands intertwined as we all enter the bullpen again, all having smiles on our lips. And me and Em even have a plan on getting the picture JJ took, painted professionally. It would go perfect on the empty wall. The earlier painting that was there is sort of ruined. More specifically, June made sure there was nothing left of it. But it makes a good excuse for us remaking that painting. Lets just say it involves a lot of paint and no brushes, oh and a lot of love.

"Agent Hotchner" the annoying voice of Strauss comes from behind us, in the door. All our smiles disappear. I'm not allowed to be here. She had made that clear. "If it was up to me there would be a lot more consequences for breaking a direct order" she means me. We all know it. "But since you did solve the case and saved those girls, it's not up to me. So, congratulations"

"Thank you" Rossi says, the only one to dare to voice any word at the moment. I think we're all in chock at the moment.

And then she turns to me, extending her hand. "Good work, Bailey"

No idea how words come out of my mouth, but they do as i meet her hand. "Thank you Strauss" and then with a nod, she goes out again.

"Did that just happen?" Penelope questions who doesn't really know what's going on.

"I think so, i'm sure i just didn't imagine it" JJ says with a small unbelievable laugh,

"Oh okay, does that mean Y/n is allowed in here again? I think that handshake was a yes" but i don't think anyone of us can comprehend. Strauss never really liked me, and Hotch going against her like that. He risked a lot.

"Okay, how about dinner at my place? I'll make my famous Carbonara al la Rossi" Rossi says, as we all want to get out of here before she can change her mind.

"I'm in" "Sure" "Sounds great" we all answer with smiles. I can't believe i'm actually here. It feels as though nothing has changed.

"Before we leave, Bailey, could i speak with you in my office"

🦋

"Have you considered my offer?" Hotch asks as i close the door behind me. And it's not like i've really thought about anything else since we finished the case.

"I... could i get some more time" i answer instead and he nods. But as i look out to seeing everyone packing up with smiles, waiting a few minutes for us.

"Just know that your spot won't be open forever, i can only hold it for so long"

I know, i know. "You know, we spend our whole lives worrying about the future, planning for the future, trying to predict the future, as if figuring it out will cushion the blow. But the future is always changing. The future is the home of our deepest fears and wildest hopes." i'm certain of my answer already. "But one thing is certain, when it finally reveals itself"

"And what is that?"

"The future is never the way we imagine it to be"

"Is that a yes?"

"It's a yes Hotch, i'm coming back" i answer with a smile and glance out towards the others who are laughing. Then back at him, who's also smiling.

"You'll need to get recertified, just a precaution because of..." he gestures to my shoulder and i know what he means. "And you'll have to retake the course. I can probably speed it up so you'll only have to retake the test" he's hopeful, i like that. "How long time do you think you need?"

"To study or to move back?"

"Both"

"No more than a month" i never want to leave here again. And to make it more official, he stands up as well as i. Extending his hand.

"Then i'll be glad to reinstate you, Supervisory Special Agent Y/n Bailey"

"Thank you, Hotch. I'll be glad to be back" i answer, shaking his hand. I'll have to rethink that part of no one finding the pieces because i did. Emily Elizabeth Prentiss are the missing pieces of my glass shattered soul.

______________________________

And as one of my students wrote "As i look out the window of my tower i realise, i never should have left. This is my home, has always been, will always be. I know that now." I think she was talking about the movie Tangled.