Episode eighteen

"A psychopath cal tell what you're thinking but what they don't do is feel what you feel. These are people without a conscience."     - Robert D. Hare

______________________________

Emily pov

"Sheila Chase, Natalia Richmod, Hazel Owen, Tonya Joseph" we call out and they all answer. No one is more hurt than a few scratches, it's more mental that this will leave scar. "Sandra Stevenson, Caitlyn Barber, Tori Stafford, Roxanne Mullins, Brenda Potts, Leslie Cameron and Crystal Baker"

"They are all alive, all accounted for, apart for the three we found earlier" JJ says to Hotch and Rossi who are standing with the SWAT leaders and police officers. Medical teams are checking everyone, they all are going into the hospital. Where we'll meet everyone who's looking for them, as soon as Y/n comes up with Beth.

"Where's Morgan and Bailey?" Rossi asks as i once again glance back towards the bunker. They still haven't emerged. Twenty minutes. It's been quiet, but i don't know if that should calm me or make me more agitated.

"They went further down, looking for Sophia and Beth"

"Shouldn't they be back by now" Reid says and it only makes my heart beat faster as well as my hand flying up to grab my necklace.

"What is she doing here?" JJ sighs and we all turn to see June come up by the ambulances, with Anthony by her side. I don't even know how i manage to look at her, not anymore.

Bang

Even June looks at us now, especially me. To watch out reactions. If we would do anything.

The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. And then there are the choices that matter. Love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight or to give in. To live, or to die. Live or die. That's the important choice. But it's not always in our hands.

Bang, bang

I start to sprit down faster than anyone can stop me. I am not losing her again, i am not going through a day like that again. With my heart half jumping out of my chest and a hard hand around my gun. Barely noticing if anyone is running after me or not. I run.

🦋

Only three figures emerge down in the room, one on the floor, Morgan beside her and then... out of the corner. The two women who looked like two from a distance. And i'm able to breath again, as well as putting away my gun as i come into the circular room. And judging by the relief on Y/n's body language, i think she's temporary forgotten her claustrophobia.

"Everything's okay, everything's gonna be okay, i promise you" Y/n whispers into Beth's hair and i look at Morgan, by Sohpia. She's dead. Meaning that the case is over. Three others come in behind me, they had only been a few feet behind.

"We've got them all out. You did it Y/n" Morgan smiles at her and she lets out a laugh with a few tears. Relieved, that was the word that could describe her in a whole right now. The only thing going through her body. I notice the quiet limp in Beth's leg, seeing the cut through her jeans. I grab a tablecloth from a nearby table and get down to tie it around her leg.

"Think you can find another one?" Y/n asks jokingly as Beth gets out of her arms, but stay on her side. My gaze instantly jerks up and look all over her. Her shoulder. Blood is lacing her new white, long sleeve shirt. I know it's new because she removed the tag from it this morning. It only takes me half a second to see that there is no other thing to use on her wound, only that my hand is covering it. It's warm against my skin, warm against everything that's me.

So without even thinking, i rip my sleeve of at the seam and start bandaging. "Honey, you're shirt"

"I don't care, you told me you'd be careful" i meet her gaze as i tie a knot, hard enough to make her wince.

"I'm alive, aren't i?" and there seems to be nothing that could wipe that victorious smile off her lips. This case ruined her life, made her give everything up. "I'm fine Emily, i really am" and her smile and loving gaze is all i need to just go along with it.

"Let's get out of here" i just say, waiting for her to grab my hand. And she does, as well as the other arm under Beth's to keep her upright and in steps with us.

But halfway out i stop and look at her. "Don't you ever scare me like that again"

"I swear" she answers and Beth looks at us.

"Please wait until i'm at the ambulance before making out, i've had enough of you before" Beth jokes and rolls her eyes. Me and Y/n laughs as we start to walk again. Because before... as well as during this case, we've had hard to stay away from each other. Like we talked about at dinner, that honeymoon phase did not fade quickly. And i don't even think it has now even, or we're starting over.

Temporarily

But still i'm hopeful, i am hopeful that we will work it out anyways. Because we're Prentiss and Bailey, we're the power couple. The soulmates of each other. I... i have faith.

______________________________

"Dead or alive. Existing ot Not. What's the difference? What does it matter to you? It's not you, or is this you?"       - Fallen Angel