Episode eleven

< 12th of September, 2010 >

"You fell that last bit of breath leaving the body. You're looking into their eyes. A person in that situation is god!" - Ted Bundy

______________________________

Y/n pov

buzz "Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am i to disagree? I've travelled the world and the seven seas. Everybody's lookin' for something.." buzz. I'm awakened by the ringtone of my phone. First i try to stretch for it, but is blocked by a arm. So i carefully lift it and stretch for it. Only for it not to be on the nightstand next to me. "Some of them want to use you. Some of them want to get used by you." That's because i'm not in my original bed either. And the arm wrapped around me is Emily. And the realisation hits me so hard on what we did last night. "Some of them want to abuse, you. Some of them want to be abused." but as i listen to the tones of the song again i realise who's calling me. Oliver thought it'd be funny if we changed the ringtone into a song if anyone called from the house. So we had Penelope help us with that. And it's convenient, i'd know that i would have to answer. So as the tone starts over and continues to buzz i push Emily off me, waking her up in the process, before jumping up and taking my phone.

"What...?" Emily doesn't even get to start her sentence properly before i hush her and answer the phone.

"June?" i ask, as it's most likely her calling me from the phone. It just says home, not someone in particular. We're one hour behind them, so while it's only seven am here, it's eight am there. Our alarms were on their way to call any minute anyways.

"Y/n?" but it's Anthony who answers instead. My brother in-law. The man living only down the hall from me at the house but i still barely see the sight off. Meaning that he's gotten home from the business trip. "I'm sorry, i know you don't want to be disturbed but i didn't know who else to call." is he... crying?

"Tony? What's going on? Has something happened?" As Em hears my worried and frightened tone, she herself wakes up properly and sits up to watch me. And i see that somewhere under the night we managed to put on t-shirts. She's got her oversized ACDC shirt back on, while i had put on a white blouse that is almost three times my size. I don't even know why i have it, it was a part of a pirate costume in college and now i'm more using it as a night shirt.

Anthony is trying to talk but his sobs block every three words and he can barely for a sentence. "Tony, please calm down, take a deep breath and tell me what happened"

So i hear him gather himself for about thirty seconds before starting his story over. "You know how i only got home yesterday? Well, i got a call from the police telling me to come and identify a body and... it's Nathan, Nathan's dead" his words take me by chock and it feels as i'm about to drop the phone. But instead i just fall back and sit down on my bed.

"What do you mean Nathan's dead? What happened? How did it happen?" Emily's eyes widen at my words. She meet him once. They really got off on the right foot, June hated it.

"They say he died of a laceration of the throat and..."

"Is Beth still there?" i cut him off. I have to ask. I have to ask, i need the answer to be 'yes, Beth is home and she's okay'. But of course it's the answer i want that i don't get.

"No, they took her. I asked what happened, but they just told me they couldn't tell me."

"Okay, listen to me. I'm gonna need you to tell them to call me, give them my number and tell them it's important. The detective in charge need to call me, today."