Chapter Fourteen

• Ezlyn •

The next morning, Arsenio seemed to be in a better mood as he talked about random things to Izan who was staring at him curiously while lying on the couch, not understanding a damn word. But it was cute and I couldn't help but make a video of it.

"Here." I handed Arsenio a bottle of milk so that he could feed Izan.

He held the bottle to his mouth but Izan turned away his head slightly refusing to drink it. Sighing, I dropped to my knees next to him and took the bottle from Arsenio and started to feed him myself after a few tries.

I felt Arsenio staring at me but I ignored him. A moment later, I felt his fingers near my cheeks and I glanced up at him as he tucked a strand of stray hair behind my ear.

As I was done feeding Izan, I got up abruptly not knowing how to react to such intimate gestures from him.

I left the bottle on the coffee table and went to the kitchen to start preparing for lunch because I didn't have anything better to do. I was a typical housewife but I had no complains either.

A few minutes later, I felt Arsenio's presence behind me as he reached around me to keep the empty milk bottle on the kitchen countertop, his other hand resting on my belly.

Over the past few days I have noticed him touch my belly several times while acting like it's just an accident but an accident doesn't happen ten times.

Before he could remove his palm from my belly, I placed my hand over his and asked, "Why do you keep touching my belly?"

He wrapped both his hands around my belly and pulled me back and placed his chin on my shoulder. "I can't even touch my wife now, hmm?"

My heart skipped a beat at our position and I said, "But you keep touching my belly the most..."

"I am making up for all the time I would have spent touching and caressing your belly when you were pregnant with Izan. Does that answer your question?"

My heart clenched on hearing him say that. "Yes...I...I am sorry for not telling you about the pregnancy, Arsenio. Please forgive me."

He released me and moved back saying, "I'll be in my study." Then he was gone making me sigh.

I was about to go back to cooking when my phone buzzed with a notification and on checking, I found out that I received a new message from an unknown number.

'You are still in debt to me, Ezlyn Laurel. Or should I say Ezlyn Draven?'

There was no doubt about who sent this message. There was only one person I was in debt to and that was Marcelo.

I quickly typed out a message. 'How the hell did you get my number? You were the one to disappear all of a sudden and I thought you forgave my debt.'

'Married to a billionaire now and you still can't pay me back?'

'I am not taking any help from Arsenio. Tell me what I can do.'

'Meet me.'

What? He wants to meet me? Is this some kind of a trap? But I don't know why but I have come to slightly trust this guy...I mean all this time he never hurt me physically.

'When?'

'This afternoon. I'll text you the place. Come alone.'

.
.
.

I felt a little relieved when I realised that Marcelo wants to meet me in a restaurant and not some isolated place.

So, I got dressed up wearing a pair of jeans and a crop top and was in the middle of brushing my hair.