Chapter Four

• Ezlyn •

I used to wonder that how can people call such a sweet man like Arsenio an asshole. Well, he proved me right after all.

God dammit, my whole body was sore for the whole day, I could still feel him inside me no matter how many showers I took.

A week passed and we didn't contact each other, there was nothing left to say. I wanted to cry at how our friendship was falling apart.

I only talked to Zen a few times over the text and I am pretty sure he knows what happened between us. Arsenio never keeps a secret from him.

There was a knock on my door and sighing, I got up to open it, expecting Arsenio on the other side probably to say sorry or something but I swallowed hard when I saw Marcelo standing on the other side, with his hands stuffed inside his pockets.

His eyes did a subtle scan of my body before resting on my face and he took a step forward.

"You said a month. It's just been week, Marcelo."

He stepped closer forcing me to step aside to let him walk inside as if he owned the place. "Just making sure you remember about my money."

"I have a quite good memory, thank you very much." I gritted my teeth.

He turned around, humming softly. "Arsenio didn't look so good today, is your best friend sick these days, hmm?" He was mocking me yet my heart ached for him.

"Stop stalking him! I'll give you your money, okay? Just leave him alone."

"I know, I know..." He said in an annoying tone, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.

"Now, get the hell out of here before I kick your ass." I warned and tried to push him out but he didn't bulge.

"Three weeks, Ezlyn. That's all." He once again reminded and his eyes once again ran over me before he left.

.
.
.

It's been three weeks since I last saw Arsenio or Zenith and I missed them both like hell. I wanted my life to be like before.

And there was Marcelo who was bothering me and I hardly had any money to pay off his debt and wanted to cry out in frustration.

A plan started to form in my mind, a very stupid plan but I had no choice. I decided to collect whatever money I had and pack my stuff and leave this city.

It's not like I have a family here except those two idiots but I don't think I will be meeting them anytime soon.

Maybe Marcelo won't find me like that.

Hopefully.

So, I did like I decide and booked a cab to take me to Belmont MA which was nearby. I should have gone to somewhere far away but honestly, I don't have that much money.

Reaching there, I went to the low rent apartments that I had looked up online and rented it.

It was even smaller than my apartment in Boston but I didn't care.

I somehow survived for one week until I found another job as a cashier in a restaurant just like one I had in Boston.

Everything was going smoothly except my health which was a little weird. Nausea, vomiting, body aches, mood swings and the fact that I missed my period.

Everything was pointing to one thing: pregnancy.

I shoved that thought away as soon as I had it. It can't be possible but maybe...