Chapter Seventeen

• Ezlyn •

On my request, Arsenio agreed to go out with me for just a stroll around the park or things like that with Izan in his baby trolley, looking at his surroundings curiously.

"I don't see any fun in this." Arsenio commented as we roamed around the park.

I elbowed him in his chest for that and he raised his hands in surrender. "Just kidding, sweetheart."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder while with the other he was dragging Izan's trolley.

It was early afternoon and I had packed us some sandwiches which I made in the morning and pointed to a space on the grass and spread out a sheet which I brought along with me.

Arsenio helped me place all the things I brought with me on the sheet and we settled on it.

"Look who have decided to grace your picnic, guys." Zenith's overly cheerful voice could never be mistaken by us and I smiled as he sat down on the sheet too.

I had invited him earlier without telling Nio about it but maybe I should have judging by the way he was frowning at Zen. "No one invited you."

"I did." I chirped in, smiling sheepishly.

"I thought this was a family picnic." Arsenio spoke to me.

"Ouch." Zen placed his palm over his heart. "You are not my best friend anymore! Do you not consider me family? I hate you so much."

"Arsenio." I scolded him.

"What?" Nio sounded offended. "I didn't even do anything."

"Sure." I said sarcastically and leaning over to Zenith gave him a hug, patting him on his back. "Don't mind him. He gets mood swings more than me."

"You don't need to give him consolation hugs, I can apologise on my own. Move back, Ezlyn." Nio growled lowly.

Smirking to myself, I sat back and made Arsenio apologise to Zen.

Once that was settled, I took out the sandwiches I made and we all devoured them within minutes with Zen eating the most.

I spotted an ice cream shop at a distance and shifting closer to Nio, gave him my puppy eyes.

"What do you want?" He asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Ice cream." I grinned cheekily.

"You don't like ice creams much." He reminded me.

"Yeah, that's because I always getting a runny nose after eating one. But I am craving one right now."

"What if you get sick?"

I fluttered my eyelashes at him. "Then it's a good thing I have my husband to take care of me."

Arsenio raised his brow in amusement and before any of us could say a word, we heard someone gag.

That someone was of course none other than Zenith. He turned his attention to Izan who was in his trolley and said to him, "Your parents are so cheesy, boy. It's a good thing I have you so that I won't feel like I am third wheeling again."

My cheeks flushed but regardless, I burst into laughter gaining Zen's attention. "Why are you so dramatic?"

"Dramatic or not, just get a room you two."

Smiling, I leaned back into Arsenio and tilting my head upto him once again requested him for an ice cream.

He flicked my forehead and got up. "Fine. Which one do you want?"