Chapter Twelve

• Ezlyn •

This Sunday morning, I paused as I entered the bedroom after we were done with the breakfast. On the bed laid out a gorgeous dress that instantly made me fall in love with it.

I heard Arsenio's footsteps coming into the room so turning to him, I asked, "For whom is this dress for?"

He scrolled through his phone and replied nonchalantly, "For my girlfriend."

Girlfriend?! "You have a girlfriend?!"

He fixed me with a bored glare. "Of course it is for you. Do you see another woman in this house?"

I sighed in relief, for a second I did think he had a girlfriend but who knows...maybe he does have one.

But I focused on the other question instead. "But why did you get a dress for me?"

He finally put his phone away and stepped closer. "Because we have to attend a charity event tonight."

"And what made you think that I will go with you. I don't wanna go to any charity event."

"I wasn't asking you, wife. I was telling you. You are coming to this event with me. We need to make a public appearance as a couple. I haven't announced my marriage yet."

"No."

He raised his brow. "No?" A amused smile tugged at his lips as he leaned closer. "Do you think I will hesitate to change your dress myself and drag you to this event? I won't. So, unless you want me force you, I request you to be ready by seven."

My eyes flickered down to his lips and mentally scolding myself, I forced them back at his eyes instead. "I might go if you answer my question."

"What question?"

"First..." I placed my palm on his chest and shoved him back. "...give me some space. Now, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Hmm..." He took a step closer making me step back and this continued until I was backed up against the wall with his arms on either side of me, trapping me. "Maybe I do have one...does that matter?"

Of course it fucking matters! He's married to me, he's supposed to be faithful even if the marriage is not real in other sense.

I forced my anger down and plastered a fake smile on my face. "Not really." I drawled. "I mean it's only fair you have a girlfriend when I have a boyfriend myself."

His eyes narrowed as soon as the word 'boyfriend' left my mouth and I continued to speak, "We are grown adults, we do have some sexual urges that need to be fulfilled and obviously we can't use each other--"

A small gasp left my mouth when he grabbed my throat gently and pulled my face close to his. If this was a cartoon, I could have definitely seen steam coming out of his ears.

He looked furious and it somewhat scared me. "What's his name?"

The tip of our noses brushed together, his breath fanning my lips and it took everything in me to not close the distance between us and touch my lips to his. "W-why should I tell you? You didn't tell me her name either?"

"You wanna know her name?" He whispered, his tone still dripping with anger.

I managed to nod and he leaned in even closer, his fingers still around my throat and his lips brushed my ear. "Her name is Ezlyn. Ezlyn Draven. She's my girlfriend, my wife and the mother of my son. And she's the only woman that ever will be in my life."

I wasn't sure if I was breathing by that time. His words settled deep inside my heart making it hammer against my chest.

Here I was thinking that he might have a girlfriend considering how much of a playboy he was but...I can't believe he said that.