Chapter Ten

• Ezlyn •

Somehow, a week passed by and everything fell into a routine.

The routine which included me waking up everyday next to Arsenio, wrapped in his arms because he refuses to leave me alone even though I assured him hundred times that I am not going to run away.

Secondly we have breakfast together each morning in complete silence, sometimes I cook something, sometimes he does but we don't speak to each other much.

He always kisses Izan's forehead before he leaves for office and once and twice I wanted him to kiss my forehead too but he ignores me most of the time.

I can't believe I am jealous of my own son. How pathetic.

His mom visited me twice and made sure I was okay and she even forgave me for what I did and I was glad that someone understood me.

I didn't mention anything about having a job to Arsenio neither did he and currently I am being a housewife. It's not what I imagined how my life would be but all reasons aside, I want to spend most of my time with Izan. Taking care of him. I know most women like to be independent even after giving birth but it's my own choice to stay at home and not work.

Deep down I feel like I am taking advantage of Arsenio's money, depending on him but he never commented on that.

Realising I am overthinking once again, I focused on Izan instead as I gently rocked him to sleep.

Once he was asleep, I placed him in his crib and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "I am so sorry for leaving you, my love. I promise I'll never do it again."

"You wouldn't dare." Arsenio's voice reached me all of a sudden, slightly startling me as I whirled around to see him leaning his shoulder against the door frame.

His eyes fixed on me, the sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbow, his suit jacket draped across his forearm and the top two buttons of shirt undone.

"Don't scare like that again." I rolled my eyes and brushing past him went inside the bedroom.

"You are late." I commented as he placed his suit jacket on the bed and ran his fingers through his hair.

Since he was on a mission to ignore me ever since, he only hummed in response and continued undressing without caring that I was in the room with him.

I decided to ignore him too and in order to busy myself, I picked up his suit jacket from the bed and carrying it inside his walk in closet, I hung it on the hanger making sure it had no wrinkles.

I tensed up when I felt his presence behind me, his front pressing to my back completely, trapping me.

"What are you doing?" I murmured as I tried to move back but he didn't bulge.

Instead of replying, I heard the clink of his belt and my cheeks heated up realising that he was undressing. What the hell?

His arms reached around me and he placed his belt on the glass shelf that was infront of me. Next, he reached around and placed his wrist watch on it.

After which he stood there in complete silence and I could feel him breathing down my neck causing goosebumps to arise over my skin.

He shouldn't be affecting me like this. He does this on purpose, just to mess with me.

Gathering all my courage I shoved my elbow into his torso making him take a step back and I moved away from there after I shot him a glare.

But he watched me with a neutral expression and I hate how easily he can control his expressions unlike me.