[Cookie Run: Kingdom] Pure Vanilla x Cursed! Reader

This is old. I just don't think I've ever posted it. Probably because it's really short.
Requested by: absolutely no one.

"Thanks for joining me for tea before you all set out again." Pure Vanilla Cookie smiles, "You all have helped us so much. I look forward to any occasion you may visit."

"Oh, it was nothing, really. We're happy to help." GingerBrave clumsily holds his cup.

"Though I'm not sure how much of this tea set you'll have left with Chili Pepper Cookie sticking pieces of it into her pockets." Wizard Cookie sighs.

"Hey! You can't just take his nice stuff because he invited you for tea!" Custard Cookie III huffs at Chili Pepper Cookie.

Pure Vanilla Cookie laughs, "It's quite alright. I already noticed. I simply wanted to ask about your adventures getting here."

"Well, it started because we were helping these nice Jelly Bears..." GingerBrave begins.

"Actually it—" Strawberry Cookie mumbles.

"...And then we fought this tiny Jelly Worm who was transformed into a ferocious dragon!" He continues, ignoring her attempt at correcting him. "Next we crossed the desert and visited this nice group of pilgrims who told us to travel here in the first place. We cleared their trial and they told us the Kingdom had disappeared after the war. That's when we got to the Pomegranate Forest and helped lift a curse from it, and saved the Sugar Swan from the curse as well!"

"That sounds like quite the adventure!" Pure Vanilla Cookie nods.

"You're cutting out all the important parts, like how we ran into White Lily Cookie and how she traveled with us through the Pomegranate Forest." Wizard Cookie shakes his head.

"And how we nobly defeated Licorice Cookie, several times." Custard Cookie III adds.

"There's a lot that happened... I'm just trying to summarize." GingerBrave says defensively.

"White Lily Cookie ran off once we spoke to the Sugar Swan and we saw her again once we reached the Blueberry Yogurt Academy." Strawberry Cookie continues the story.

"The Academy?" Pure Vanilla Cookie gasps, "Goodness, that place is probably far less wonderful now than I remember it. I'll have to go and visit it."

"Yeah, that's where we found the Moonstone and ended up freeing Dark Enchantress Cookie." Custard Cookie III finishes.

"I see." Pure Vanilla Cookie nods, "I take it that's how you ended up in the forest."

"Yep! After we fought Dark Enchantress Cookie we ended up here." Chili Pepper Cookie nods, examining one of the spoons she was stealing.

"That seems like quite the tale; is there any part in particular you want to tell me more about?" Pure Vanilla Cookie asks, taking a sip of tea.

"Well, there was that one time..."

Pure Vanilla Cookie stares up at the gates of the Academy. The place was definitely less welcoming than he remembered.

"Halt! I cannot let you inside!" The Gatekeeper Ghost says, "Not that that will stop you from walking straight through me..."

"Oh, I used to go to school here..." Pure Vanilla Cookie explains to the ghost, "I'm here to see someone."

"Oh. Come in then."

Pure Vanilla Cookie wanders down the unkempt gardens, frowning at how time has destroyed them.
The dead silence was eerie and made his dough crawl.

"(C/F) Cookie!" He finally calls out for them after not seeing a ghost for about ten minutes.

"Pure Vanilla Cookie? You're back?" A soft voice replies from just in front of the gates inside. "I was beginning to think you just forgot about me..."

"Of course not, dear! I could never forget about you!" He hurries over to greet them, "In fact I heard that there was some unexpected company recently."

"Those noisy travelers? They bardged inside and never stopped jabbering and shouting. Gave everyone quite the scare." The ice cream ghost replies, frowning. "The Librarian and Principal both were enraged by the trespassing."

"Oh, I'm sorry..." He frowns too.

"Now this place feels emptier than ever." They sigh, "Those who I used to meet with felt threatened and were able to find peace in battling the travelers."

"I'm sorry, dear..." Pure Vanilla Cookie frowns. "But you stayed?"

"They spoke of you... I was hoping you'd come back if I let them alone on their quest... and now here you are."

"I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner, dear. I was stuck within the Moonstone as well."

"I just wish I could go with you and see the world outside the gates again." They sigh, "I wish this curse didn't forever separate us..."

"I wish it hadn't too. I would be a very different Cookie." Pure Vanilla Cookie smiles softly, "I miss you at home. If there was a way I could safely take you with me, I would do it."

"I'd love to see it." They smile warmly, "Maybe if I possessed one of the mirrors you could bring me home that way."

"I do not think that would be wise. I do not want you to be trapped inside the mirror forever. At least like this I can see and hear you, the way you once were. I also would not want to frighten anyone back home..." He puts his hand through theirs in a way of trying to hold it. "I'll come back more often now, I promise."

"Be sure to have someone come and tell me if I need to go on to join you." They shift their hand to pretend to hold his too. "I love you."

"I love you too, (C/F) Cookie."