Ch 17.

~
Mark stood there with his arms folded while Orsis slowly circled him. The older man had his fingers under his chin, examining him up and down and from all sides.

He then finally stopped in front of the latter. "So you're mark?" Orsis asked sticking his nose high in the air.

"Yeah, what's it to you?" Mark snapped back with attitude.

"Oh I just expected someone a bit bigger, better built. Or maybe someone more refined, not a delinquent kid that looks like he lives off the streets."

Mark clicked his tongue and with his fingers he scratched the back of his neck, right under his ear irritatedly. He was annoyed because all he did was show up and some random man was already provoking him.

"I don't know why you care so much about my appearance old guy. What matters more is my skill, isn't that why you need me?" He put it out plainly, almost mocking at the fact that they couldn't do things themselves .

"Look at this brat! Disrespecting his elders, who do you think you are?! Is everyone on the Moon pack like this? Why I outta put you in your place because our pack has fought a long history of wars on our territory and you kids" he pointed in Mark's face, than over to where Johnny and Doyoung are standing. "Think you're so tough just because you show up one day with a blood thirsty half breed bastard as your pawn-" his sentence was cut short when a fist came slamming into the side of his face.

"Mark stop it, he's not worth it!" Johnny shouted as he rushed over to pull Mark back. Mark hand was already clutching tightly onto Orsis's shirt collar.

"Fuck, you can't even remember his name so keep my mate out of your mouth!" Mark shouts at Orisis before letting his collar go and the man falls back on his butt.

Orsis's eyes are wide in shocked. It had been news to him that the half werewolf, half vampire hybrid's mate was the guy standing in front of him. His eyes shot over and glared at his pack members and spoke through the bond.

"Why didn't anyone notify me about this. Now you've made me out for a fool."

"I'm sorry. We just found out too sir. And to be fair we didn't know you would say th-"

"Shut up!!" Orsis yells at his pack mate.

Mark stands up straight and puts his fist in his palm, cracking his knuckles before turning to Johnny . "Hyung I didn't come here looking for a fight. So just hurry and tell me what I have to do so I can go back as soon as possible. I don't like leaving him alone."

~
Haechan sat at one of the bar stools with his hands clutching the seat and swinging his feet back in forth. He was humming a tune while watching the older move around. Yuta was on the other side of the counter, facing towards him and took out a spoon to start scooping out chip dip onto a plate.

The two were the only ones in the house after Haechan had finished school. Taeyong and Jaehyun had taken a day trip with their kids and Jungwoo had stayed back at the university to finish his assignments.

"So your name's Yuta right?" Haechan finally asks.

"Yeah and what's yours again? Heychen?"

"Call me what you want. But just so you know Winwin is very picky. I've never seen him date anyone else before and assume his standards are very high."

Yuta poured out some tortilla chips in the same plate. Haechan reached over to grab one and stuck it in his mouth as he began speaking again.

"I want you to meet his standards. So tell me. When's the next date that you have planned?"