Ch 9.

~
"WHAT THE FUCK THEY REALLY LIVE IN A MANSION?!?"

"Haechan pipe down, they'll hear you!" Winwin said with his finger already on the buzzer.

"Who is this?" The voice asked from the metal intercom stuck to the brick column.

"Neighbors." Lucas answers annoyedly. He was tired of holding the tray of food that was hot and heavy.

The front gates open up automatically, revealing the beautiful fountain that stood right in front of the property. As they began walking across the pavement Haechan noticed that surround by bushes and flowers were stone statues of wolves in a proud and mighty stance. Another stone statue was of a wolf barring their teeth in a snarl.

"Creepy-ass statues." Yangyang shivers.

Even though it freaked Haechan out too, he made up the belief that the family must've been proud of the predators that prowl their woods. He really wished Ten could've come with them tonight because Ten's presence made Haechan feel safe. But sadly the older couldn't make it because he said he had some business to tend to. 

The Sun clan walked up the steps to the door in the dark of night in front of the tall building. As Haechan walked a dead leave crunched under his shoes as a sign of autumn. A cold breeze brisked by, causing some of their teeth to rattle. Winwin pressed his finger on the button and rang the door bell and Haechan stood waiting anxiously for the door to open.

~
"Doyoung what are you doing just standing there? Open the door!" Taeyong exclaimed.

"Wait! I can't do this, I can't do this- not yet!" Doyoung began pacing around.

"You're leaving them in the cold. " Taeyong sighed and walked past Doyoung to put a hand on the handle.

~
"Welcome!" A man exclaimed with a smile in opening the door. "Come on in!" Taeyong invited.

Thank god the owners welcomed them into their home. Vampires can't enter a building unless they are invited in.

One by one, the vampire's of the Sun clan walked through the doorframe. Haechan had been the second to come through, following directly behind Winwin. Haechan's eye's widened at the interior of the large building that was all marvelously black inside. He looked up and the chandelier hung bright crystals twinkling above their heads. Haechan was mesmerized.

"Haechannn!!!" A voice squealed as Haechan took off his jacket. The boy's head shot up and he saw Jungwoo rushing towards him.

"Jungwoo?! What are you doing here???" Haechan asked confused.

"Why else would I be here? I live in this place!" Jungwoo spread his arms out, showcasing the place.

Haechan's mouth was wide open. "You live here?!? I mean- We're neighbors?!?"

"Apparently. Crazy, huh!"

"Yeah, what a coincide-" Haechan voiced abruptly stopped once he had a realization. "Wait. If you live here then doesn't that mean Mark also-"

Before he could finish, Jungwoo merely smiled and pointed with his index finger, directed "up". Haechan's eyes followed to directly above Jungwoo's finger and rendered on the area behind in. A figure with his elbow rested on the railing and chin sitting in the inner palm of his hand was looking down at Haechan from the top of the stairs. Mark's posture made it seem like he didn't give a care at what was going on, but his eyes said differently. His gaze was fierce and heavy as he penetrated Haechan's own pair of eyes.