First Friction

QUILL

"What do you want to do first?" he asked his now-sober partner. It was difficult not to tease the heck out of her over last night, but he would wait until later. He could see how embarrassed she was and didn't want to hurt her feelings.

She touched her chin in thought, then lit up with an idea. "Hmm. Oh! We should read that guide we bought. The more we learn, the better."

"The...guide we forgot in the guild last night."

"Oh." She blushed, looking cute. "Sorry."

He waved her apology off as unnecessary.

They rushed across the street and into the guild. Lucky for them, the staff had collected their lost book and, when asked, returned it. They exited the guild and returned to the bright morning sunshine. Finding a patch of grass under a tree, they sat down side-by-side, hips touching, to have a read.

Quill couldn't tell whether being this close to her and having their hips touch was more exciting or comfortable. Either way, it felt good. He pointed at a page on classes. "As she said yesterday, it looks like we gain stuff in stages: choosing class at level five, and major skills at ten, twenty, and so forth."

Jane ran her finger down the side of the table with the classes listed. "I'm really, really glad we got this before we chose our classes. There's a lot more info here than in the plaza."

"Yeah. Super lucky," he readily agreed. This became even more true once they saw that some of the classes were definitely unfinished.

Alchemist Fighter

Choose from fire, ice, water, electro, earth, or air elements.

5 - Enemy Specialization (1), Elemental Infusion for Weapon (1)

10 - Extra Attack (1)

20 - Minor Battle Potion Alchemy (HP regen, Stamina regen, +DMG)

30 - Dual Attack

40 - Minor Battle Potion Alchemy (HP regen, Stamina regen, +DMG)

50 - Ultimate Burst (elemental dmg)

Paladin

Paladins only utilize the Light element.

5 - Aura of Light (passive, regenerating dmg shield, self), Light Infusion for Weapon

10 - Counter (absorb 50% of damage taken and counter-attacks)

20 - (placeholder text); Taunt

30 - (placeholder text); Hammer of Justice

40 - Full Counter (absorb 50% of damage taken and counter-attacks with 150%); Self-Sacrifice for Another

50 - (placeholder text)

Cleric

Choose from fire, ice, water, electro, earth, or air elements.

5 - Turn Undead (1), Heal (single target, major)

10 - Channel Energy (single target, elemental dmg)

20 - Heal (AoE target, major)

30 - Cleanse debuffs (AoE target)

40 - Dispel magic, Create mana font

50 - Ultimate Burst (elemental dmg)

Tattooed Ranger

Choose from fire, ice, water, electro, earth, or air elements.

5 - Tattoo: Elemental specialization; Arrows: Climbing Rope, Flare