Chapter 2 - Spirit

Börja om från början

Lucas had to live with the burden of the lives he has stolen on his shoulders. A burden that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

After finishing his light breakfast, he quickly cleaned the dishes and descended the stairs to the basement again.

"Eh.....the suit is completely messed up. And it reeks of blood." Lucas spread the front of the suit he has used in the previous evening. Indeed, there was a large hole ripped through the middle of the top part, and a lot of dark red stains of the blood, both from himself and the people he killed.

"Mm..." After thinking about it, Lucas decided to wash away the dried blood using the washing machine in the bathroom. Hanging up the dry suit might be seen by people, so drying it inside the house was probably the only choice.

"......I have to get stronger." The fight with that little girl made him realize what that being told him the day before. He was advised to train and strengthen his maryoku. He realized that he had to get stronger. People like her could take over and destroy countries if she wanted to. Obviously, Lucas needed to protect his country. The people around him. His friends. Kurumi and Sawa. He needed to get stronger in order to save them from such tragedy.

From what he saw yesterday, there should be a park nearby. Since it was still early in the morning, there shouldn't be a lot of people. Lucas quickly changed into a sports clothing (he was still surprised why everything fit him), he took a walk down the street that led to said park.

He stretched his legs and put some strength into his muscles. Then, he pressed his feet against the ground and started running.

"Hah....." Lucas kept his breath under control, taking in air and breathing out air in a consistent rhythm. Of course, normal running would be no task for someone whose body was strengthened by mayroku.

"....." He held his breath for a moment. He closed his eyes to visualize the flow of maryoku within his body, like blood channels cycle through his body.

"Ku....." Concentrating the maryoku's flow and stopping it from spreading throughout his body, he felt his muscles tense, and his forehead began sweating profusely.

His breathing became heavier, and the speed he had in the beginning diminished.

Lucas couldn't tell how much time had passed. It felt like he had been running for hours and hours.

"Hah....." Lucas stopped by a bench and sat down for a break. Of course, that break only lasted for a few minutes. Just running alone won't make him stronger. It wasn't enough. Stronger, stronger. It wasn't enough being number one. Lucas had to thrive even higher. Push himself to the limit, until his body cannot handle any more.

".....That should...be enough for today." His body sluggishly fell on the same bench he had sat down earlier. Pushing through many excercises until his body reached it's limits over, over and over again---with that much intensity, there was no way Lucas would be able to train like that every day.

---If he were not to use his maryoku. Maryoku can take any form, may it be liquid or gas. Maryoku can strengthen ones body, it's only natural for it to also regenerate it.

Within minutes of letting his maryoku within his body loose, he felt the individual muscle fibers in his body get repaired immediately.

"Oh...?" While Lucas was relaxing, a soothing voice echoed nearby. Black silky hair that was kept untied behind her back. Red eyes that glistened in the light like rubies. At first, Lucas thought it was Tokisaki Kurumi. However, looking up and down at the figure, the women standing there was taller in height, had a different style of hair.