funeral

There was nothing like a funereal. Or at least that's what Wednesday says.
I just don't understand how the mayor died.
I watched his chest rise and fall yesterday night. He was alive. He made it to the hospital.
How could someone die just like that?
Almost a week passes, Wednesday and I continuing the investigation.
Everything between Xavier and I was great.
It really felt like we were friends again.
And I was okay with that. Being just friends, I mean.
I honestly thought it would hurt more to not be with him romantically.
Like how could I go from loving him so intensely to just loving him as a friend?
Was I crazy for being okay with all of this?
Not just Xavier, but the whole thing with the monster.
Xavier did tell me that I would probably be attacked again, but I'm still so unfazed.

My life feels like it's getting better and better.
My friends came back, Xavier and I are on speaking terms, and I even have a family.
I even made some new friends, like Bianca.
Only thing, Principal Weems is making me do therapy starting next week for my nonexistent anxiety.
That panic attack was a one time thing.
Enid and Xavier make me hang out with them daily to help me forget about everything going on.
I couldn't help but feel like sometimes they were just hanging out with me out of pity.
Enid was still staying in my dorm, so even Yoko would tag along sometimes, which I didn't mind.
Even Wednesday, although she kept up her nonchalant act, was lonely.
I tried to have her hang out with us, but it was always awkward between Enid and her.
She was missing Enid, and it was showing.

Liked by ajaxpetropolus and 34 othersinezfallon : Someone please tell @xavierthorpe that he can't have a cat on campus

inezfallon : Someone please tell @xavierthorpe that he can't have a cat on campus

xavierthorpe : please please please can we keep her

enidsinclair : omg!! too cute💕💕
kentsmain: @enidsinclair so are you technically related? yk like cat... dog...
ajaxpetropolus : @kentsmain was thinking the same thing...
enidsinclair : @kentsmain respectfully, stfu🥰🥰

wednesdayaddams : Stop wasting your time on your phone and go to class.
inezfallon : @wednesdayaddams okay mom🫡

yokotanaka : why are you all talking on insta we're right next to each other
enidsinclair : @yokotanaka🤫
xavierthorpe : @yokotanaka🤫

View more replies

Finally, a day I was dreading came.
The mayor's funeral.
Wednesday tried to cheer me up, telling stories of her grave digging adventures and her torture plans for Pugsley when we go on break.
It wasn't like I knew the mayor, but I did know that his son was around my age.
I knew how hard it was to lose a parent.

Dressing up in my black outfit made me look like an exact replica of Day.
Xavier had insisted on going with me to the service, which I wasn't against.
My shoes looked terrible with the rest of my outfit.
I couldn't wear heels because of my cast, so I had to wear my muddy black and white converse that I wore everyday.