answers

Before the rest of the Addams family could ask what was happening, I ran away.
The only place on campus I ever felt comfortable.
Whether it was the silence, or the fact that nobody could ever find me, the tree would always be my favorite place in the world.

Sitting down inside the hollow tree, I hug my legs, wanting the world to disappear.

Does this mean Wednesday is my twin?

I replay memories in my head. When I had first found out I had powers, right after my father died.
I knew both my parents were normal, meaning the fact that I had powers should have been impossible.
I don't know why I never thought it through.

I bury my face deeper into my knees, wishing the tree would swallow me whole.
My headphones clinging to my ears, cancelling out any noises of birds chirping or leaves falling.

"Inez?" Someone says, voice muffled by my headphones.

Disappear. Disappear. Please disappear.

I keep my eyes shut tightly, wishing I would become invisible and they would leave me alone.

The touch of a hand on my shoulder makes me flinch, my body now shaking violently.

"Leave me alone." I say calmly, still shutting my eyes.

The hand slowly lifts off my shoulder, everything going silent for a few minutes.

I opened my eyes, trying to make sure the person had left.
To my dismay, a tall figure stood before me, looking worried.

"Xavier, please leave me alone. I need a minute alone." I say, turning my head away from him.

"Why are you out here? You could get hurt." I feel his eyes linger on the side of my face, trying to make sure I was okay.

"Yeah, I know. I'm careful. And I can literally throw the monster across the woods if it tries to attack me. I've done it before." I say, now annoyed by his presence.

''Wait you can remember? Do you remember me? Please say you can." He says as I turn my head to look at him.

Hes fidgeting his hands, looking directly into my eyes longingly.

"Yeah, I can. Please leave me alone. Go find Wednesday, I know you like her. I saw that drawing in your journal. And those 'I don't like her' and 'I like you' and 'I love you's , yeah right Xavier." I use air quotations as I walk away, his presence ruining my spot.

"Inez, let me explain I-" His voice is slowly drowned out by the music I started in my headphones.

Walking back to Nevermore, I wish the monster would come out and kill me. I should have died that day at the festival.
Of course though, the monster hasn't made an appearance since the Rave'n, meaning I was the most recent victim of the monster.

As I make my way back to my dorm, I see Wednesday still standing with her family.
Our family...

I'm still not sure how to take the news.
I feel like I should be ecstatic, being an only child is lonely at times, but I find myself only asking questions.

Seeing the family together only makes me feel worse, knowing that I had been lied to my whole life.

Wednesday looks paler than normal, her face lacking any color whatsoever.

Is she disappointed that we are sisters?

Her eyes search the driveway of Nevermore, not sure where to look.
Her gaze lands on me, her facial expression quickly softening.

Not long after, her family sees me too, running to me with tears in their eyes.

This time though, I do not run, my body frozen in place.