walkers in the barn

Start from the beginning

I was awoken by the sunlight glaring me down  Dale's hat covering my face. I realised I had fallen asleep during watch.

I grabbed the binoculars and checked the perimeter to see rick heading in my direction. " Still up to join me." He motions to the distant woods. I eagerly nodded and hopped off, hanging Dale's hat where mine was, now gone. I shrugged it off and walked next to my brother. He took out a gun and handed it to me, I gladly took it.

" So we got any leads?" I asked him but he just sighed. I looked back to see Andrea climbing up the RV. She waved at me as soon as she got on her feet. I waved back.

" We're gonna look around, see what we can find. Daryl headed off a while back." He said, " so we haven't really had time to chat since we got here. What's been going on?" Immediately as he asked that the barn popped into my mind but the though was quickly pushed down when I saw Maggie glaring my way. " Y'know. The usual." I nonchalantly said. Playing it cool.

" Oh c'mon. I saw you and the farmer's daughter passing love letters underneath the table." I tensed up. " You two got something going on." A d just like that I relaxed. " Oh uh, it's kind of complicated. She kinda kissed me at the Pharmacy but now she's mad at me. Damn, she's so confusing." I confessed to him making him chuckle. " Or are you just stressing too much. " He said giving me a smile as we entered the woods.

" And you and Lori?" I asked, kind of fishing out. He turned to me, " what about us?" He asked as if he knows I know something. " Something new happen?" I asked him, not looking at him. " Yn I know you got her the stuff at the pharmacy." He said making me tense up. " Oh god. She didn't take them did she." I was panicking. " She did-" oh god, Lori why. " But she threw them up right after." Oh. I breathed out a sigh of relief. " Believe me, i tried to tell her that that's not the right way but she wasn't having it." I confessed. Keeping the Shane part to myself. " Yeah she could be stubborn. She even slept with Shane, thinking I was dead." My head snapped to him, trying my best to fake surprise. " Whaaa, she slept with sha-" he cut me off with a laugh. " I know you knew." He says making me sigh in defeat. " Well, I'm a horrible liar." Again, my thoughts went to the barn but I, still, kept it to myself.

We went on with searching but alas gave up, not finding anything. W weren't at the farm for five minutes when Andrea cried wolf. Or should I say walker. " I can hit it from here." She said aiming. " No andrea don't. You know Hershel's rule." Rick denied. " We'll go check it out." I yelled out as we started running. My eye catching maggie watching out every move. I got there first seeing as I'm the fastest but Rick was on my trail, gun pointed at the walker.

Only, it wasn't a walker but an injured daryl. Ears hanging round his neck, a huge blood stain on his shirt. He looked bad. " Pointing the gun at my head again?" He asked rick. I laughed slightly. Tdawg and Dale coming to the group late. " Good to see you're still alive dude. Well, mostly." I chuckled but before he could answer a gunshot was heard and Daryl fell to the ground. Rick yelled for, assuming it was Andrea to stop as me and Shane helped Daryl up. Dragging his passed out body. " Look at him, he got ears hanging round his neck dawg." Rick ripped the 'ear necklace' off and stuffed it in his pocket. " Lets keep that to oursleves."

Tdawg called us from behind. " Isn't this Sophia's?" He asked holding up her muddied doll. Daryl actually found a lead.

We got to the rv. Hershel and them already standing ready. " Oh my god is he dead?" Andrea asked, shaking. " Bullet only grazed him." Shane assured her as Hershel took over to go patch him up.

* Time skip*

Again we were eating with Hershel and them but this time me and glenn sat on one end of the table with Maggie at the other, not making any interaction with us whatsoever. I had told Glenn about the barn after the whole Daryl incident and he too thinks I should tell the group. We agreed that I'll do it tomorrow.

I gave up on trying to get Maggie to talk to me and just went with Glenn after dinner. We stayed up all night, watching over the barn, soon morning rolled around and it was time for me to tell the group. They were all sitting round at camp. Dale was there, glenn. I finished my food and stood up, Maggie stood on the house porch, watching my every move but I had to tell the group.

" Uhm guys I've got something to tell you all." Some turned their heads to look at me, some only listened. I glanced at Dale to see him giving me a nod.

" There's walkers in the barn."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A little rushed, I know but I've got so much work to do atm. As always, any tips or advice, comments. Blah blah blah

Enjoyed

Blah blah.

Good day or night

-s