Hidden

——-««"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙚."»»——-

—————————–—————————–—————————–—————————–—————————–

The console of the TARDIS sparked like crazy, Martha and the Doctor picking themselves off the floor. The Doctor rushed over to Martha and pulled her up, urgently needing to know, "Did they see you?"

"I don't know!" Martha cried out, still trying to gather her bearings. She felt like her lungs would explode from all the running they did just to get into the TARDIS.

"Did they see you?"

"I don't know, I was too busy running!"

"Martha, it's important - did they see your face?" the Doctor wouldn't desist in asking until he got a sure answer from her.

"No, they couldn't have!"

The Doctor ran around the console, pushing the controls to get them the hell out of there, "Off we go!"

Martha came to join him, the Doctor watching the rotor with intent. Suddenly, a beeping sound cut in and symbols appeared on the screen, "Ah!" the Doctor, heavily irritated, grabbed the screen and read it, "They're following us," he returned to the control.

"How can they do that, you've got a time machine," Martha frowned, wasn't that the point of these things?

"Stolen technology, they've got a Time Agent's vortex manipulator. They can follow us wherever we go, right across the universe..." the Doctor paused, knowing what that would mean, " They're never going to stop," he ran a hand through his hair nervously, until an idea popped up, "Unless...I'll have to do it..." he stared at Martha, directly into her eyes, "Martha, you trust me don't you?"

"Of course I do," Martha nodded, nearly offended at the question.

"Cause it all depends on you," he dove under the console.

"What does, what am I supposed to do?" Martha watched in confusion as he reappeared holding an ornate pocket watch in his hand.

"Take this watch, 'cause my life depends on it. The watch, Martha- The watch is-"

John Smith gasped awake, looking around and seeing he was in his room, on his bed, in blue striped pajamas. He sat up, thinking a few moments of his odd dream, and rubbed his eyes. A few seconds later, there was a knock on the door and he stood up. "Come in!" he called.

Martha Jones walked in, wearing a maid's uniform and carrying a tray of breakfast. Upon seeing John still in his pajamas, her eyes widened and she promptly turned back, "Pardon me, Mr. Smith, you're not dressed yet. I can come back later-"

"No, it's alright, it's alright. Put it down," he pulled a dressing gown around himself, tying it closed.

Martha walked to a table in the center of the room and set the tray down, her eyes lowered while John watched her thoughtfully, "I was, um... " he then realized he was staring at his maid and shook his head, "Sorry, sorry. Sometimes I have these extraordinary dreams."

"What about, sir?" Martha crossed the room to the window, pulling the curtains open.

"I dream I'm this..." he paused again, looking for the right word that could possibly describe himself, "Adventurer. This...daredevil, a madman. 'The Doctor', I'm called. And last night I dreamt that you were there, as my... companion."