"Good evening" he says politely looking between me and Derek.

My boyfriend looked pissed staring at Nathan and them all, it was a clear reminder that all of them were a part of my life, even if we'd been separated it all went back to the way I'd been welcomed like family into their lives.

"You thought I'd hurt you, so you asked them to be here" Derek says pain flashing in his eyes.

Then the crunch of the snow and frostbitten ground reminded me just who was behind me.

"Actually this was my suggestion, because you see. I may know you are a changed man Derek but this is the reminder that I will always be there to protect the people that matter most to me, and Scarlett matters to me, and the boys. She's like a sister to all of us".

"You're the fucking son of the devil" Derek seethes and I look to Nathan who stood unfazed in front of my boyfriend.

"I've heard that one before, unfortunately you're seeing the pinnacle of a legacy that took fifty years to be built. So I've heard every insult you could call me".

"How about how you remind me of a prowling wolf, always looking to ruin and take, peeling at the scraps. Is there some piece in you that still loves her so you pine for her since she left you" Derek spat and I was realizing that calm was being met with anguish and I didn't want to be in the middle.

"The wolf of New York how poetic" Nathan hums as the boys stood behind him moved to form a place for me to slip behind unnoticed by the two squabbling men, though one was in more control then the other.

"Also if you must know, I don't love Scarlett anymore, however I am the reason that you got your second chance, I helped her repair herself, even if worried about who I was. I can at least protect the people I care about" he adds stepping closer to a tight fisted Derek.

"Now I am not asking you to like me, keep in mind I don't bloody care; however lying to her, and keeping secrets will for sure lead to her turning on you, I've seen it happen, and out of shear respect I don't wish to see you lose the second chance you've spent years getting back, and now five months to earn. Or else you will lose a lot more then just a good woman" Nathan warned casting a thin veiled glare at Derek.

"You know someone needs to do it" Derek mutters.

"And what might that-" Nathan's response is cut short as he is punched square in the jaw causing the boys to shift silencing my gasp, all the while Nathan turns his body to take away any impact before looking back at my boyfriend while blood dripped from his nose.

"You're not worth leaving a bloody pulp beside a river. and I'm feeling sparing" Nathan smirked in only the way he could before turning and walking away towards the group.

"Decide if you're coming with us, or going with him" he directs towards me and I look between the raven haired man walking towards his car then the one who looked angry and was still silently seething.

"I'll make the choice easy for you" Derek says taking out his keys and stalking off towards his car and getting in under the gaze of the four boys who watched him leave in cool silence.

"I didn't expect that" I hear Nathan breathe before opening the back door of his car and getting in while the boys followed suit though Lucian waited a moment to turn to me.

"Ride with him, it'll make him feel better about how this just turned out. It'll also give him time to apologize" the brunette says before he slid into the car and pulled the shiny black door shut behind him while I made my way around the back of Nathan's car before getting in.

I didn't say a single word as I did all the while taking in the custom made back seat area of the car. Screens were built out of the front seats, along with reclining seats, a partition wall and automatic shades in the back of the car.