baggage fading

I was called into the company today bright and early to fit in some work before I went off to film for a commercial.

Jungkook and Jimin told me that it was urgent and that I needed to get there as early as I could to work on something for the show.

So me being overdramatic and overthinking everything assumed something had gone wrong with one of the scenes or that a file was corrupt and they were rallying us to reshoot.

You wouldn't even begin to believe how first I hightailed it there, completely disregarding any sense of self-care and booking it as soon as I looked remotely presentable.

I sprinted up to Yoongi's office, slamming open the door which was already opened a crack.

"I'm here!" I announced, breathing hard.

I was almost instantly embarrassed when four men turned around from their rather tame conversation to handle me who was anything but tame. In fact, they were looking a little too calm.

"Is there not a horrific disaster that needs to be fixed?" I stared dumbfounded.

Hoseok who had been hidden behind everyone was the first to laugh loudly. He came over to me, wrapping me in a hug.

"I haven't seen you in over a week and this is how we meet again. It certainly is in your fashion but wow," he chuckled.

"There is no horrific disaster," Yoongi said.

"I'd argue it's a disaster," Jimin retorted.

"Not anymore," Jungkook had a thoughtful look in his eyes. "Hoseok played us the OST you did for your web series."

I choked a little, "He did what?!"

"Look, the title OST of the whole show was supposed to be sung by this one singer but she flaked and got booked on a tour so she's unable to record any of the parts. We've started adding in the background music and we really need this one. It's the vital song. Your voice would suit it a lot, and we really need someone on this song like now," he explained.

"So you all got me here in a rush because you wanted to send me a song that you couldn't have sent me beforehand so I could prepare?" I deadpanned.

Jungkook smirked, "Come on, that's no fun. I have confidence that you can figure it out as we go along."

"You do know I'm scheduled for a commercial shoot in eight hours?" I huffed.

"Well then we better start," he grinned.

I looked around at the others for any semblance of help, but they all shrugged, inadvertently taking Jungkook's side.

I sighed, "Fine. But if you're asking me, then you should ask Hoseok for one too."

"Too late. We already did. He recorded it awhile ago," Jimin said.

I whirled on him. He had a fearful look in his eyes as he backed up defensively, "I was going to tell you, I promise. It just slipped my mind."

I narrowed my eyes at him with a pout before turning away and snatching the lyric sheet from Jungkook.

"Make it quick," I sighed, getting into the recording studio that Yoongi very conveniently had attached to his office.

The song was called 'Lilac' and from the guide version they had played for me, it was a flowery, almost psychedelic upbeat song about new love and its ability to persevere. A song for the preservation of youth as adults moved forward in life.

I had them play it a few times so I could get a feel for the song and how each section went. Of course, since it was my rendition, I could put whatever embellishments on it that I wanted. But I had to get the original part right to do that.