believe

Misuk excitedly danced around me with her various makeup brushes as she hummed and sung like a little fairy.

"You're in a good mood," I chuckled.

"Because it's just like old times. Me getting you ready for a big day. You've got your fancy stylist team so you don't need me anymore," she teasingly pouted.

"I'm sorry, Mi. You know I want you there everyday," I hugged her waist cutely.

She booped my nose with concealer, "That's why I'm here right now for something even more important."

She was right. Today, I was going to my first movie premiere. The movie I had filmed with Hoseok before starting the drama was releasing in theaters at the end of the week but the celebrity premiere was today.

To be honest though, I didn't exactly get invited to it. Why would I? I was a fleeting character that was more for plot progression.

However, Hoseok insisted that I come as his plus one so that I could celebrate both of our successes together. Unfortunately, I could exactly show up with Hoseok without outing our relationship, so I was going as a casual invite and hopefully going to meet him later. And hopefully I could see Director Lee and thank him personally for referring me to Jungkook and helping me out.

Misuk had straightened my hair until it was as long as it could be and have accents to my bangs that I had long hidden away. The makeup job was a subtle smokey one so that the emphasis was on the bright red lips that popped.

"Alright...I have a couple of numbers for you," she said, bringing over several little black dresses for me to try.

I carefully glanced through all of them, trying to thoughtfully decide which would be the best one for the premiere. It was an action movie, so I wanted a short, sexy number that screamed living life in the fast lane.

I finally landed on the most perfect one for the occasion. A short velvet black dress with long sheer black sleeves. That paired with my black stilettos was going to make a killer number. Something that bartender Yuna would definitely wear.

I tried the whole outfit on, giving it a couple of spins in the mirror. It was the perfect, confident number that I needed for the night.

"You're a stunner," Misuk nodded approvingly as I turned around. "As someone who routinely looks at women as romantic prospects, you're hot."

I snorted, "Routinely my butt. You've had goo-goo eyes for Yeseul since you met her." She clamped up immediately, a bright blush appearing on her face. I laughed a little, placing my hands on her shoulders. "You should go for it. I know you two are letting the tide take you wherever, but if you are really interested in her, I know she'd be happy to go on a date with you."

Misuk sighed, "I don't know. A relationship between a high-end celebrity like her and a non-celebrity teacher already spells trouble. Not to mention we're lesbian and her entire fan base is eagerly waiting for her, thinking she's into men."

I pulled her in for a hug, "Misuk, you are so wonderful. It doesn't matter whether or not you're a celebrity. You don't need to be one to be recognized as a beautiful and deserving person. And all that matters is that you two want to be with each other. If the world has a problem with you two being girls in love then that's a problem the world can deal with. You deserve to live happily and freely. And you two will find a way, I'm sure of it. You know you have my support every step of the way."

She reciprocated the hug, "Thank you, Chaerin. I couldn't have asked for a better best friend."

"Neither could've I."

She smiled softly as she pulled away from the hug, "Alright girl, go give them hell for me. Show them who the hottest woman is for miles."

I chuckled, "I will."