you love me

"Thank you so much for your help. I tried calling my friend but she said she was busy, so I totally panicked," I sighed exasperatedly, relaxing in relief when a few members of my style team showed up with a rack of clothes in tow.

This was my first public event, and I had to put out a good image. Unfortunately, my closet lacked the indigo variety, and considering that was the one theme for this release party, I had to pull through somehow.

Thankfully, my style team were class one life savers always ready to answer the call of fashion emergencies.

"You called the right people for the job, don't you even worry, Chae. We're going to have you sparkling in no time. Just sit back and relax," one of them singsonged.

In no time at all, they had transformed me into the model indigo human. With a short backless, indigo dress and matching open-toed pumps, the outfit was complete. They quickly got to work on my embellishments, adding the signature red lips and slightly curled hair. My eyes had been highlighted in a subtle indigo shade as well with just the right amount that it was obvious but not emo.

"Alright give the camera a big kiss and be on your way!"

They all held out their phones like paparazzi, taking many photos of me in various angles while I posed and smiled for my closeup.

Lucky for me, I had enough common sense to have them meet me at the company so that I didn't need to trek all the way after and be completely late. I was right on time for it to start and with my look complete, I was ready for my first public event.

I gave all of them a tight hug before rushing to the top floor of the company for the party. There was already a massive line of stars old and new waiting to get into the party.

Namjoon's connections clearly knew no bounds. People from all over the artistic industry were there from idols, to actors, to painters and woodworkers.

My place at this party did not seem significant yet here I was, at probably the hottest party of the year, with the hottest stars, who had no clue who I was.

I took a deep breath, steeling myself to find either Yeseul or Hoseok and just stick to them like glue.

"Hello there! Would you like to try our signature cocktail, an indigo daiquiri?" One of the staff asked.

"Oh! Yes, I would love to. Thank you so much," I said, taking the fancy glass from their hands.

The usual strawberry daiquiri had been dyed an indigo color with a blue strawberry on the rim of the glass.

Liquid confidence was always a good boost in being able to put myself out there. I had to use this as an opportunity to network and get to know people. By the end of the night, people would understand why I was given an invite and much as the next person.

I saw Namjoon in the distance making his rounds with all the guests. It was good that he was looking a lot more relaxed than when I saw him trying to prepare for this party. It was nice to see the hard work he and Hoseok had put into the decoration.

Speaking of which, it seemed my costar had yet to show up. Or if he was already here, he was hidden amongst the vast crowd. But I didn't have a lot of time to dwell on it because I suddenly heard my name being shrieked.

"CHAERIN! I have a surprise for you!"

I turned around to see Yeseul dancing over towards me, already look a tiny bit tipsy, with an even bigger surprise next to her. Shyly averting her gaze was Miss Misuk, securely tucked into the arm of Kim Yeseul.

"Misuk?!" I exclaimed.

"Nuh uh! She's my plus one tonight, therefore, I get to monopolize her time today," Yeseul interjected.