Acceptance Letter

Marinette sat at her desk, staring at the words on her computer screen.
Her eyes glanced from word to word as she read them carefully.

' Dear Marinette Dupain-Cheng,

Congratulations!
On behalf of the Admissions Committee, it is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted into: Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City, USA'

Her heart pounded against her chest. She had gotten the email almost four days ago, right after the Gabriel incident. But every time she read it, the excitement became more and more unbearable.

She had three weeks to prepare herself before she had to leave for the Spring term classes and one week until high school graduation. She bit her bottom lip as she read it again.

Her head jerked around when she heard her balcony door open. Marinette put both hands on top of her laptop, pushing the screen down quickly so the blonde couldn't see it.

Chat Noir landed on her bed and slid off, sleekly as she turned to face him.

"Evening, Princess what are you up to?"

"Just got done checking some emails!"

"Emails?"

"Mhm!"

Marinette nodded and smiled up at him. He didn't know she was going to college in the USA yet.
She wanted to tell him, she just couldn't find the right time. Especially since he just lost his father. He kept saying it didn't bother him but she knew it had to bother him a little. Gabriel was still his father, after all.

He was still attached to her side but not as bad as he was right after the incident. He would give her space every now and then, even though he didn't want to.
It was Alya who told him to back off a little. She told him he was being too clingy and paranoid.

But Marinette also knew he would try to go with her to New York if she told him. Which, wasn't a bad thing, she just wanted him to follow his own dreams and do something he wanted to do.
She didn't want to hold him back.

"So I've been thinking..."

Chat Noir took Marinette's hands and pulled her over to the bed, sitting down.

"I think I finally know what I want to do after graduation!"

"Really? That's great! Have you gotten accepted into a college yet?"

He shook his head and smiled excitedly.

"I don't think I want to go to college. I want to stay here and... help run the bakery with your dad."

"O-Oh?"

Marinette was caught off guard with his statement. She didn't mind but she definitely wasn't expecting it.

"Yeah! And then we can be together all the time. We can get married and start a family! I even talked to your father about it already and he seems excited about it!"

Marinette looked up at him with flushed cheeks. The excitement of getting accepted into her dream college came to a halt.

His deep green eyes glimmered in the moon light that reflected from her window as he smiled a toothy grin. He looked like a small child that was just given candy.

"That... would be wonderful! It's very exciting!"

She forced a smile and placed a kiss on his cheek, making his face turn a slight shade of pink under his mask.

"R-Really?"

Marinette nodded and pulled her hands away from him.
She had always wanted to go to a fashion designer school in America but she also wanted to spend the rest of her life with Adrien and if she left for 4 years, what if he decided to move on?