Death | BB

(Warning: Spoilers for the canon book, "Another Death Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases". I recommend you read that [It's somewhere on Wattpad but I can't find it] before this)

(Also, please bear with me. It's been months since I've read that book and I've completely forgot how it goes)

You stood in the center of the terminal. The sound of the buzzing subway and the booming crowd didn't faze you that much. Used to being in high-dense areas, you made your way trouble-free, squeezing in between the little spaces here and there.

The ticket in your right hand was slightly crumpled by the pressure of your tight grip as you scanned the crowd, looking for someone.

"I told him specifically to meet here..." You mumbled, crushing the ticket entirely. It was then promptly chucked into a trash can. There was no further use for it if your person wasn't even at the rendezvous point.

Taking out your phone, you distinctly note a robotic voice announcing the arrival of the next train.

Flipping your device open, you shoo away some fighting teenagers and take up a seat on the nearest staircase, disrupting the flow of traffic. You had the best view of the incoming trains and the ticket office.

You type in a phone number, already planning to interrogate the man and berate him for wasting your time. Why was he so late?

Meanwhile, as the next train made it's way to the station, a phone rang.

It wasn't unusual due to the busy nature of the vehicle but it made a certain FBI agent gulp with worry.

He had forgotten all about you in his worry.

"Who is that call coming from?" The earpiece harshly hissed into Raye Penbars ear. "And be honest if you want your family unscathed."

A stray sweat dropped down the officers forehead. He had already been shown proof that who he was conversing with was indeed Kira. Although he didn't know how Kira found his family, he wouldn't compromise them by making a single mistake. Fiddling with his phone in his pocket, he fought the urge to answer you right away.

"She's a colleague. Not that important." Raye played it off coolly.

The ringing faded off and the FBI agent was relieved for a second or two before it started up again. 

L/N, what have you done? Raye wanted to tell you to cease all further communication but he couldn't due to the looming presence.

The earpiece crackled. "Pick it up." 

Left with no other choice, Raye begrudgingly took out his device and accepted your call. Almost immediately, there was screaming on the other end -courtesy of you- and he flinched violently, jerking it a distance away from his head.

"YOU ATRCOIOUS EXCUSE OF A HUMAN BEING, PICK UP YOUR DAMN PHONE!" You casually shouted at him, scaring a bunch of the people around you.

When you finally realized he did pick up, you smiled slightly, a little sheepish. "Oh, you did."

"Yes, but I really need you to-"   

"DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR YOU?" You berated him, causing him to flinch again due to your loud tone. "Wait, don't answer that. It's rhetorical."

Raye was so tempted to throw his phone out the moving window that his fingers slightly twitched. "Sorry for not showing up. I ran into a... problem." The FBI agent said, looking around the small compartment.

"Your family's on the line." Kira threatened him so he doesn't reveal anything to you. "Hang up the call."

Raye nodded with a stiff jaw and told you that your meetup would have to be another time. Then, without giving you another chance to yell at him, he ended the call, making you flabbergasted.