The rumours

A faint sound of door opening and it was enough for Zaeem to wake up from his sleep. Even medicines weren't working. it has been a week since they all were trying to find Saad.  The pressure to find his friend before any type of regret was difficult for Zaeem to carry. Overall he was in a dishelved state.
His half opened eyes looked at the door and that's when he saw a woman in mid forties standing there with a cup of what seems like a tea.
He squinted his eyes.

Seeing Noor a strange pain engulfed his whole being. no matter how much he tries, he could not help but hate her. It was even difficult for him to look at her, why because he couldn't let his past go.

"come inside"

His voice felt hoarse.

Noor stepped inside his room just to stop infront of his sitting posture on the bed.

"sleep, I just came here to inform you."

Zaeem's voice came out hoarse,

"about what?"

" I am leaving"

Zaeem rudely replied, meanwhile his voice much grave in contrast to the woman, standing infront of his bed.

"so?"

Noor sighed, She knew Zaeem hates her, all of her life she tried to make her husband's son's heart soft for herself but alas she could not.

"Zaeem I-i"

She stuttered trying to make this stupid man understand.

" if you're here just to inform me about your departure, then you can leave because you're disturbing my sleep"

Once again a rude reply and this made Noor's anger double. Heck! if instead of Zaeem, Eda had replied her mother with this much savageness. Noor with no second thought had beaten Eda to death. but unfortunately the man infront of her was not Eda and she has to be patient with her. Deep breath and closed eyes She counted.
3
2
1

"Look Zaeem, I know I sound like i am invading your space but"

Zaeem placed his head on the bed rest, relaxing himself more in to the bed but just one word or one name was enough for him to gave proper attention to Noor's words.

"but if you are sincere about Mirha then-"

A fast reply left Zaeem's mouth even before he could understand.

"then?"

Noor internally smiled. Now in a serious tone she replied to Zaeem's confusion

"shoot your shot as soon as possible Zaeem because he- "

Noor halted but again started,

"Her father has already found a good match for her"

for a moment Zaeem felt his body getting numb. a minute passed and Noor felt Zaeem in a haze.
She tried to call him

" Zaee-"

" and how could you think i would believe a woman like you"

His words hurted Noor but she composed herself.

" look I know you dont think of  me as a good person but it's not about me, it's about you and about your love Zaeem, so think about it"

Saying this Noor turned around just to leave his room When Zaeem's words stiffened her whole being.

Zaeem was not in his senses. if before his words had hurt Noor then his next words were going to shatter Noor's heart in to several pieces.

" Leave my room, I don't want anyone else to think wrong of us"

......................................................................

Sitting in a moving car all she had been thinking about is her past.
At first she thought Zaeem hates her because, his father married her.

Obviously, no child can bear the pain of his father getting married right after his mother's death. 

But Noor was shocked to hear that Zaeem thought so wrong of her.
but it wasn't in Noor's hand. she was helpless.

She still remembered Zaeem's little boyish form. A smile formed on her lips thinking about it.

Her life was always complicated, Her and Zaeem's father's marriage was tragic.
..

(Ahmed Khan And Noor's marriage)

When one stormy night, Zaeem's father became Noor's hero by saving her from those bloody bastards. Noor couldn't help but thank the person who saved her dignity from those men. Basically Noor was an orphan and being the beauty all the male servant of the orphanage had a special eye for her.

but when the servants got to know about the death of their owner they tried to hunt their prey but were not aware about the Ahmed Khan's visit to orphan after the death of his first wife.

At that time The man was proved to be a saint for Noor. the whole scenario was witnessed by a girl names SARA, who was Noor's biggest enemy.

The next day at the orphanage, rumours started to spread that Noor has slept with the deceased Owner's husband.
Noor started to avoid the girls at the orphanage, she would stay all day and night in her room.
One day Zaeem visited orphanage with his father but everything got worse when Zaeem overheard the conversation between two girls, who were talking about Noor leaving Ahmed Khan's room at night and That Ahmed Khan might be in a relationship with Noor.
It was too much for a child to hear.

Next day, when the rumours became overbearing, Noor left the orphanage and cried for help from Ahmed Khan, to which Ahmed Khan could only think of only one solution to save this girl's dignity and that was by getting her in his nikkah. At first they were hesitant to each other but Noor's purity melted her husband's heart.

After that Zaeem never talked to his father with love and affection. He never thought of Noor as his mother. no matter how much she tried to soften his heart. Zaeem just could not let go things. but one thing did managed to soften his cold stoned heart. and that was his
sister "Eda Ahmed Khan"

In their story, Noor was just a victim of her innocence, Ahmed Khan was just a man who helped a poor soul and Zaeem Ahmed Khan was just a child who got caught in the midst of rumours. It wasn't Zaeem's fault, neither it was Ahmed's nor it was of Noor Ahmed Khan.  They all were just played by  the hand of fate.

words count:1031