"No," Mira responded. Her eyes saddened as she dried the mug. She felt bad for her. She knew the girl was innocent in all this.

They were the Mafia. Killing wasn't out of the ordinary. And as much as she was glad Jude Heartfilia was dead, the girl had nothing to do with it.

Mira's heart was always bigger than the rest. Especially that she was going to be a mother.

She did have that other side to her, though. A side no one would cross. Not even Laxus. That was why people called her the She-Devil.

"Mhm," he replied.

He placed his empty glass on the bar before he walked out.

"Ya think he's goin' in there himself?" Gajeel asked as he watched him leave.

"I hope not," Mira sighed. "You know how he can be..."

.oOo.
Lucy's Cell

She heard heavy footsteps approach her in the darkness. Well, it wasn't completely dark. There were candles of fire patterned on each side of the walls. All but a faint light from her cell.

And someone was walking through that hall.

She could guess who it was, just from how the guards stood stiff.

She felt her breathing grow heavier. She tightened her grip around her knees.

With his hands in his pockets, he looked down at her full plate from in between two bars as he stood.

"I heard you were wasting our food."

That voice. That skin-shredding voice.

And that face. That same face.

She had not seen that face ever since that day.

And she could never dread it more. That salmon hair. Those jade eyes.

He unlocked her cell with his master key. A key that only he possessed. It could open any door, any cell, and even any drawer in his entire mansion and estate. Anything with a lock, at that.

"Y-You..." she dared speak. She meant to sound resentful, but it came out scared if anything.

He approached her, looking down at her weak body.

"Nathan." She said. Now that sounded resentful.

He couldn't help but chuckle.

He crouched down, looking into those brown eyes of hers.

"The name is Natsu. Natsu Dragneel. And don't you forget that."

She spat in his face, right in his eye. Saliva strung onto his lashes.

The guard outside stiffened with his eyes wide. They all did, a matter of fact.

Never had anyone dared to do so.

She was dead.

One guard clenched his gun as he tried to approach, but Natsu raised his hand, stopping him in his place.