"How's your back been feeling?" Kyra asks. "Are the meds helping?"

"Yeah. They ight. The doctor said they can only do so much cause they don't want to dope me up and shit."

"It's just for pain management. They need you to be aware for when you do recovery treatment."

"A lil perc ain't gonna do shit to me. That morphine shit is what I don't want."

"You never know." Kyra says. "You need to be all the way there to take care of your son."

There's a quiet pause as she waits for him to respond. Based on what she's heard him say before and what he's told her in the trauma unit, she knows that he won't though.

"She does let you see him at least sometimes.... right?" She inquires.

"Nah." Jahlil shakes his head. "I told you she took him and left because I didn't want to be with her anymore. Bitch just disappeared. Me, my mom and my sister all was looking for her. Had to put it on Facebook that and shit that she was missing. Nothing came up. Then come to find out, she all the way out here. Like how she even get the money for this shit? She was broke last time I checked."

"It's definitely not cheap to be out here." Kyra agrees. "I mean, some places are better than others. Like if you're in a complex apartment rather than a whole house one. But it's still more expensive and that's exactly why I stay in the city."

"But you probably could afford it if you really wanted to. You're a nurse. She was working at a call center and was barely even going cause she was tryna do other shit. For her to move out here, she had to be doing some other shit." Jahlil says as he starts to think back on it.

Kyra wheels him into the physical therapy room to help get him set up for his session. As she locks the wheels, Jahlil scoffs and shakes.

"If I find out she was fuckin' with somebody else while she was pregnant or while we were together, it's gonna be a problem."

His words trigger something in Kyra's mind. His spoken thoughts cause silent ones in her head.

What if that is the case? She thinks.

What if that is what was happening and that's why he's is so secretive? Was he apart of an affair? Her eyebrows twitch at the thought.

And he found out that Harper was pregnant? What if that little boy really is his? Her heart jumps at the panicked thought.

She's so caught off by the possible revelation that it makes her feel sick to her stomach. The baby can't be his. She doesn't want it to be.

There's no possible way that Yoongi fathered a child.... Just without anyone knowing? It adds up to her, though.

Of course he doesn't want anyone to know about his private life. And that's probably how she got the money to leave Jahlil. It wasn't hers and she had help.

"Do you think the baby's not yours?" Kyra asks casually.

Jahlil frowns and smacks his teeth. "Nah... I know it's mine."

He pauses, feeling a sliver of doubt.

"It better be." He says suddenly as he looks at Kyra. "Do you think it's not?"

"Oh, I don't-." She shrugs as she raises her eyebrows. "I don't know. I'm just asking. I mean, with everything that you're telling me, it just-. I shouldn't be talking to you about this. These are personal matters for you to discuss with family, your mom."