Chapter 67

"So what are we gonna do now?" I asked, hoping Ace wasn't too convinced by Vera's part of the story.

"I think it's pretty clear what will happen next. I'll talk to Jack as soon as he's recovered. Someone has to make this right," he said.

Great. He didn't seem to have the same opinion as I did.

"I should probably go talk to Niveen," I suggested. "Yeah," Ace answered but he stopped me as I was already halfway out the kitchen. "Oh what are we gonna do on Christmas?" "You decide," I decided and then left.

I made my way up the stairs and to Niveen's room. Standing in front of the door, I raised my hand to knock but hesitated.

I knew I was gonna go in there, hoping Vera was lying but expecting she wasn't. And I wasn't sure if I was ready to hear that and for her to be proven right.

"Niveen it's me," I said loudly before I knocked 3 times. "Can I come in?"

Silence.

"Niveen?" I asked but there was silence again, causing me to throw my hands up in a frown quietly. "I'm coming in now."

I opened the door and to my surprise, she was sitting on her bed, almost like she was waiting for me. Her leg was crossed over the other and she was sitting upright with her hands in her lap.

"Why didn't you answer?" I asked confused as I entered and closed the door. "What is it?" she avoided my question.

"We need to talk." "Talk about what?" She asked as I sat down next to her. "About that," I pointed at her belly, causing her to look down at it as well. Only when I spoke again was when her eyes met mine.

"I know who's the father." Her eyes shot up to mine as a look of fear mixed with worry took over her face. "Do you?"

"Look, I know you're probably ashamed and scared but you don't have to be," I spoke smoothly, placing one hand on hers. "I'm here for you."

She looked down on my hand for a second, her mask slipped for a split second before her face morphed into anger and she pushed my hand away.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

My heart sunk in my chest. Why was she yelling at me?

"Get out," she ordered, turning her body slightly away from me. "Niveen I-" "I said get. Out." she spat, looking me dead in the eyes so, even if I didn't want to, I got up and left.

Later that day I was standing in the kitchen with Ace, washing the plates after dinner. I told our house mades to take a few days off since the whole situation between Jack and Ace was on the merge of escalating and I didn't want innocent people to get involved.

"Jack disappeared from the hospital last night. You don't happen to know where he is, do you?" I asked as I handed him a plate to dry. He didn't answer, causing me to turn my gaze to him.

"Ace," I demanded. "You'll kill me if I tell you what exactly happened so let's just say the issue's taken care of. He won't harm your sister or you or anyone else ever again," he answered, his gaze not meeting mine and for a valid reason, that made me nervous.

"What did you do to him?" I asked, developing a mixture of anger and worry in the pit of my stomach. "None of your business," Ace muttered, holding his hand out for me to give him another plate.

"Ace I swear-" I started, tilting my head slightly with panic when I got interrupted by a loud thumb coming from upstairs. And then Vera screamed.

Ace and I locked eyes for a second before dropping our stuff and running upstairs. Archie accompanied us when we reached the stairs and by the time we made it up, we could hear Niveen and Vera fighting in Vera's room.